Down sizing my tower??

Associate
Im not sure if this is a thing often done but i built / had built a full size tower which sat under a desk when i lived at my parents as i had loads of room for the set up i wanted.

Since then Ive bought my own house had a child and dont have any where near as much room any more on top of that im now working from home and i feel like im suffocating in my little office as i just dont have enough desk space especially when my huge towers sat on the desk so im looking to down size it using my current components

I understand it wont save me loads of space but it itll help me get it tighter in to the corner

How easy is this done??

Anyone in Newcastle want the job?

Associate
OP
Ill have to make a list of whats in it I mean its not full by any stretch but
The current case is a ... Corsair Graphite Series 780t Whit Full Tower

and im thinking of something more along the lines of the Corsair Carbide 175r Mid Tower

Soldato
Did this a long while ago. Opted for a Lian Li A05B from OCUK. Full size ATX but in a midi size with front PSU. Not skipped a beat in the (just looked it up) 9 years and 350 odd days I've had it.

Associate
OP
Not worth the money. Spend it on your kiddo instead

I think you are correct and i think my wife would buy you a pint if she ever saw you!

Ive told my wife for weeks now it needed done and was a good idea however for some reason hearing it so blunt off a strange his just hit the nail that bit harder

Man of Honour
I think you are correct and i think my wife would buy you a pint if she ever saw you!

Ive told my wife for weeks now it needed done and was a good idea however for some reason hearing it so blunt off a strange his just hit the nail that bit harder
Its true you could spend your money on the kids but is it really a choose you have to make. Are you in a postion to treat youreslf to a £60 case and rebuild yourself.

Man of Honour
Its true you could spend your money on the kids but is it really a choose you have to make. Are you in a postion to treat youreslf to a £60 case and rebuild yourself.
from the utilitarian perspective...
what does spending £60 on a new case gain you? you'd still have another empty case lying around unless you manage to sell the old one.
the space saving isnt massive either
it also doesn't make the innards perform any faster as they're still the same parts
and as mickyflinn says, are you in a position to treat yourself to a new £60 case?

lol

Associate
Im not sure if this is a thing often done but i built / had built a full size tower which sat under a desk when i lived at my parents as i had loads of room for the set up i wanted.

Since then Ive bought my own house had a child and dont have any where near as much room any more on top of that im now working from home and i feel like im suffocating in my little office as i just dont have enough desk space especially when my huge towers sat on the desk so im looking to down size it using my current components

I understand it wont save me loads of space but it itll help me get it tighter in to the corner

How easy is this done??

Anyone in Newcastle want the job?

Why can t you stick it under the desk again?

Associate
OP
Why can t you stick it under the desk again?

the desk was left at my parents as it was to big for the computer / box room and I’ve made a desk with worktop and there isn’t the room for my lefts and this massive tower

I’ve rewired the spaghetti mess behind the desk which has gave me enough cable to push the tower right to the corner of the desk which has helped

Associate
When I was at full size ATX, the smallest case I found was the NZXT S340. Not sure if smaller is available or not?
Raijintek Thetis is smaller. And should fit most hardware.
Thermaltake Core G3 has even narrower footprint, but needs low profile cooler and short PSU.

I think neither is a huge improvement in terms of desk space. Need to get more creative and stick the case somewhere else. Wall mount?

Back
Top Bottom