Downgrading iOS... Help !

Permabanned
I've had an iPad mini 1 for years, its been on IOS 8 for as long as I can remember. Finally got fed up with the constant hassles to upgrade to 9.3.5 and thus did so...

Now the iPad runs like a potato, everything is horribly unresponsive, just browsing basic websites like the BBC makes the thing choke. The lag and unresponsiveness is so bad it's basically completely useless now, they bricked my iPad with their update. I've tried all the performance improving tips on the internet, none of them do anything.

And to make things even worse I can't downgrade back to iOS 8 as apple no longer authorise old copies of iOS to be installed and the backup I created from IOS 8 also doesn't seem to work.

So my question is... what do I do ? Do I basically have to accept that Apple have happily bricked my iPad with their update ? Because it ran perfectly fine before updating but now it's completely useless.

I need to find a way to get back to iOS8, any suggestions ? Jailbreaking worth it ? Is it easy to do ? Any guides ?

Permabanned
OP
Great, so basically they killed my iPad and I cant do anything about it. You'd think they would at least provide some lube before they screw you...

Associate
Like we drum said, it's not possible.

I would recommend first fully erasing the iPad. Get everything important you need backed up and then completely erasing and restoring the iPad.

In my own experience, a full erase and restore often fixes the vast majority of issues.

Back
Top Bottom