Download Red Alert free on PC

Associate
I've almost given up trying to install this. I've downloaded and copied ISO images to discs but I have no idea how to change setup.exe to windows 95 compat mode from within winrar? I'm running XP, can anyone tell me what I need to do in some sort of 'idiot' guide?

Associate
Whoah, George Tikai (sp?) is Emperor of Japan :D

The office can't complain that they're pirate copies now.....

oooh, and our ACAD department have large plasma screens - this will be great, I think I'm going to bake a cake!

Soldato
It did have a link to the download on that page before, cant check from work. But if you have a look around it'll definately be on there somewhere.

Also if you preorder RA3 you get Red Alert2 for free aswell

okay ill keep looking, cheers :p

found it, under the news section. sorry, its quite early :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I've almost given up trying to install this. I've downloaded and copied ISO images to discs but I have no idea how to change setup.exe to windows 95 compat mode from within winrar? I'm running XP, can anyone tell me what I need to do in some sort of 'idiot' guide?

You need to open the iso with some CD burning software, not just put it on a CD. You should then end up with a cd full of files, then right click setup.exe and go to properties, and then the compatability tab.

Associate
I've unRARed the ISOs and they're sitting on my desktop. I've checked for win95 compatibility and I've mounted them with MagicISO but when I reun setup it says that it can't load setup.mix - any ideas?

Thanks for the heads up, going to get my flatmates all into a big networked game and then tanya+apc all their bases :p

Why doesn't that surprise me

Bah 64 bit Vista = no go. I had to install this on a virtual machine and play it in a 640-480 box on my screen.

and the mouse control is a bit pants (for me anyway). If I want to look at any part of the map. I have to click on the mini map Which means the radar is one of the first buildings I have to get (after power war and refinery)

Starcraft for the win TBH.

Back
Top Bottom