Download Wordpress Site on to IPAD Air?

Associate
I hope somebody can help with this. I wanted to use my ipad air to display my web based portfolio and wondered if I could run my Wordpress site on it. ie; download the site to my iPad and run it without the need for an internet connection. A mate of mine suggested I use site sucker but this didn't do the trick, don't think it likes wordpress.

I really don't have much of a clue about Web design and HTML and wondered if there was a simple solution to this problem. I'm more of a Graphic/Print designer. I have an interview on monday and wanted to get my site onto the ipad. Otherwise I will have to tinker about with wireless codes etc. In theory they will have seen my stuff as I sent the link but no doubt I will be require to run through some of the projects.

Cheers

B

Soldato
Do you need to show off anything database or WordPress related or are you just showing the design?

HTTrack generally does a good job if it's just the HTML & design you need: http://www.httrack.com/

Not sure if you can transfer a bunch of HTML files and images to an iPad though?

You could also take screenshots of each page and just flick through them on the photo viewer. I'm sure they'll understand & if they do want to see it live they can give you a wireless key.

Associate
OP
Thanks for your quick reply mate. Not really they just need to see the work. It is a pretty basic theme and is simple to navigate. I guess it just looks a little more considered if it is the site they have already navigated. So I can talk them through the work.

As a fall back plan I could do PDF's of the key work and then email them to myself and download them to bookstore or something.

I was hoping there would be an application that would allow me to just download the whole site.

Permabanned
There is a way.... you could setup a simple web server on something like a raspberry pi or a mini web server and port it over! Would take all of 20 minuets if you know what you are doing.

Then a simple access point / router with static IP's could be used connect both to WiFi and you have an offline system!

Only other way that I am aware of is images / screenshots OR get the iPad online.

Back
Top Bottom