DPD problem, oh great...now I find out what they are really like

Soldato
Soooo...

Placed an online order tonight from Amazon with prime deliery (don't worry, nothing computer related :p)...delivery set for tomorrow.

Received an email to say it's been dispatched and coming with DPD.

Checked my tracking information...

Your parcel was delivered on the 24th April 2012.

Great.

Amazon have said they will ask DPD to deliver tomorrow and gave me the number of DPD and the consignment number.

Helpfully DPDs menu consists of an automated number telling you the tracking information (delivered in April) or putting you back onto the retailer and hanging up...I hate automated systems that do that! :mad:

So...what can I expect now, is there any way of actually speaking to a person at DPD and getting it delivered tomorrow?

Cheers.

Soldato
Couriers recycle tracking ID's so I wouldn't worry too much about the information that you know clearly can't be related to your transaction. Before complaining about them, perhaps give them an opportunity to deliver first?

Caporegime
Couriers recycle tracking ID's so I wouldn't worry too much about the information that you know clearly can't be related to your transaction. Before complaining about them, perhaps give them an opportunity to deliver first?
^This - jumped the gun, hey OP :p

ps3ud0 :cool:

Associate
we use DPD at our work and they are one of the best ones very little problems, UPS on the other hand....now they are a completely different matter!

Permabanned
oh my tracking number hasnt updated a few hours after dispatch, quick to OCUK and create a drama thread.

cry when it actually hasnt arrived, not before its even on the truck :rolleyes:

Soldato
Has DPD been fine before this?

I never really get these type of threads. When a company makes one mistake, they are automatically the worst thing ever, but why? Why don't you report on all the times your package arrived on time?

Associate
They ain't even really made a mistake, if the op would have done a quick Google then all would have been fine..

Jumping the gun isn't the word..

Soldato
IT failure due to recycled delivery ID.

It'll be there tomorrow. Never had a failed next day Prime delivery, and I made a TON during my trial. In fact, the performance really made me tempted to sign up to the service.

Back
Top Bottom