DQ6 Fan Mounting Problem

Associate
Any idea what fans apart from the standard intel one can be used on a DQ6 mobo. It appears the heat pipes running around the back of the mobo mean that you cannot fit a back plate for the majority of large CPU coolers..

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers

Soldato
I seem to remember someone doing just that, although that would void any warranty...

In the manual of my Gigabyte GA X38 DQ6 on Page 16, there are instructions for removing the Crazy Cool Heatsink, and it states nothing about voiding the warranty if it is removed, and I would hardly think they would actually give you a guide as how to remove it, if doing so would void the warranty. :)

Associate
As suggested you can remove the backplate very easily by following gigabyte instructions in the manual/website.

However, if you do not wish to remove the crazy cool backplate. Try either the akasa ak965 or ak961, both excellent coolers, I have tried and fitted both with no problem or overlapping to other motherboard components.

I currently have the ak965 fitted to my x38t-dq6 qx9650. Idles in the low 20s and full load is mid 20s, ak961 is exactly the same temps didnt notice any difference.

Back
Top Bottom