DRAM Calculator

Soldato
You should be able to get trfc down quite a bit, maybe to the 300s if your lucky.

Also looking at a Dram calc SS you have your ram set as dual rank, is this correct?

You could also push for higher than 3600 as up to 3800 can work but this depends on the CPU IMC, going over 3600 usually means you have to manually set the FCLK which should be half the ram speed.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
You should be able to get trfc down quite a bit, maybe to the 300s if your lucky.

Also looking at a Dram calc SS you have your ram set as dual rank, is this correct?

You could also push for higher than 3600 as up to 3800 can work but this depends on the CPU IMC, going over 3600 usually means you have to manually set the FCLK which should be half the ram speed.

I've got 4x8gb inserted so I'm guessing that it should be dual?

Also I've left my TRC to Auto as DRAM settings shows two different reading TRC and Alt one. So wasn't sure in which one.

Soldato
Up to 1.45 is generally ok for the dram, for the soc I would try and keep it at what you have already.

Bare in mind the errors could be caused by having a higher fclk, so it maybe just the case of having to dial it back a bit. When I tested mine I kept the ram at 2400 or a level you know is stable then I put the fclk up to 1900 and run aida 64 system stability test and checked CPU, memory and cache. If this wasn't stable it would fail the test almost immediately. If it didn't crash I would then run HCI memtest. Once I knew then fclk was stable I could work on the ram knowing any errors was down to that and not fclk stability.

Soldato
Just to ask,when using DRAM calculato, do you upload your XMP profile, then the front page alter all those timings that it suggests in the bios?

If you change the speed to higher should I keep the timings and increase voltage? Because by default it doesn't increase my speed when I upload the profile, just changes the timings.

Should I in theory be able to copy those to my bios? There is so many different timings and it's all segmented in my bios it seems very complex.

Associate
OP
Just to ask,when using DRAM calculato, do you upload your XMP profile, then the front page alter all those timings that it suggests in the bios?

If you change the speed to higher should I keep the timings and increase voltage? Because by default it doesn't increase my speed when I upload the profile, just changes the timings.

Should I in theory be able to copy those to my bios? There is so many different timings and it's all segmented in my bios it seems very complex.

There is couple of YouTube tutorials that I found really helpful. I insert the timings into my bios and then increase voltages until I feel like I'm stable.. Currently testing now just hit the 5 hour mark with Karhu Ram Test. Yesterday was picking error up in first few minutes.

Will upload screenshot of ryzen master settings.

Soldato
There is couple of YouTube tutorials that I found really helpful. I insert the timings into my bios and then increase voltages until I feel like I'm stable.. Currently testing now just hit the 5 hour mark with Karhu Ram Test. Yesterday was picking error up in first few minutes.

Will upload screenshot of ryzen master settings.

Any idea why it may show as b die in the calc even tho taiphoon clearly confirms hynjx?

Soldato
Hi @Joxeon

Here is screenshot of ryzen master. finally got somewhere with 3800 with safe preset. Ran a test for 5 hours and 30 minutes so going to try some gaming now hopefully stable.

Let me know if would suggest anything

Thanks
Kevin

see if you can reduce TRFC as this will improve latency, I think I have mine at 280 but that's with b-die but you might be able to get into into the 300s with Hynix.

Soldato
@Joxeon

Passed ram test kakhu 6 hours and also TM5. Plus modern warefare warezone for few hours all okay

But ram Prime95 and it picked an error up.

Maybe 3800/1900 is pushing it with my stock R5 3600 B450. What you reckon mate??
If it passes ram test without error then it should be fine to use as a daily. If you get any game crashes then it will need revisiting.

Associate
OP
Hi @Joxeon

I have reverted back to 3600 as it was most stable for my system

below is a screenshot of timings etc just want to make sure voltages are okay as dont want to fry anything. Also have tried lower the trfc but system doesn't boot.

Is there anything else i can do to maximum performance?

Thanks for everything
Kev

Back
Top Bottom