Dram supply collusion and price gouging

Ree

Ree

Associate
will be another slap on the wrists settlement no doubt, which is a farce and nothing to them.

Soldato
We need a ram war. War of the Ram. Whatever the case its obviously price fixing has been at its peak too long and absolutely nobody gives two figs over the excuses and reasons as to why prices have trebled, we just want decent ram at prices people can afford.

A way to solve this problem is a ram war. Personally I'd get of all Apple products owners manufacturers and supplier's and march them all into camps and force them to use cheaper Chinese android alternatives. Won't solve ram prices but it'd be a load of my mind anyway.

Soldato
There so much that seems well over priced these days :(

GPU's, Mobile phones , Petrol & diesel , Houses etc etc
Petrol and diesel came down a lot and have been stable for over a year, in London at least. And it's about 10% lower than 3 years ago.

But houses... House prices are basically forcing me to consider leaving the city I was born in.

Associate
Petrol and diesel came down a lot and have been stable for over a year, in London at least. And it's about 10% lower than 3 years ago.

But houses... House prices are basically forcing me to consider leaving the city I was born in.

If you sell your house in London you might be able to afford some new RAM

Soldato
There so much that seems well over priced these days :(

GPU's, Mobile phones , Petrol & diesel , Houses etc etc

as long as there are people out there willing to pay these silly prices for these items you can expect prices to keep rising.

£1200 for iphone x, the prices are ridiculous, that is the price of a top spec laptop almost and you can bet a phone does not cost anywhere near a laptop to produce. Phone prices are roughly double what they should be.

Soldato
as long as there are people out there willing to pay these silly prices for these items you can expect prices to keep rising.

£1200 for iphone x, the prices are ridiculous, that is the price of a top spec laptop almost and you can bet a phone does not cost anywhere near a laptop to produce. Phone prices are roughly double what they should be.
I'm still sitting on my Galaxy S4, it's a little slow these days with all the bloated apps however it'll do me another year or two.

Soldato
We all know they're as guilty as sin. I hope we get a positive result here and prices finally come down to sane levels. I can't believe 16GB RAM is going for more than I paid for 32GB in September 2016.

Associate
Good to see some action with the regulators in China and now the class action in the US against them.

I believe that there's already been some results following meetings earlier this year between them and the Chinese regulators with both Samsung and Hynix announcing plans to increase DRAM capacity.

Associate
I'm still running a 4790K with DDR3 2400 since launch...
I, and many of my friends refuse to pay the prices of DDR4 for a mere side grade...

Sitting this one out until DDR5, unless prices drop.

Soldato
Interesting to see this. No idea of the likely implications, but I'm pretty miffed at RAM pricing right now.

I've got a pot of money put aside to upgrade my PC and also try to cobble together a couple of budget gaming rigs for the kids. The price of RAM is the only problem, and it is just killing my budget. Like for what I'm looking at, over a third of the entire budget would go just on RAM!

It means I really have to put off upgrading until prices become more reasonable. Though I've no idea when that will be...

Caporegime
Interesting to see this. No idea of the likely implications, but I'm pretty miffed at RAM pricing right now.

I've got a pot of money put aside to upgrade my PC and also try to cobble together a couple of budget gaming rigs for the kids. The price of RAM is the only problem, and it is just killing my budget. Like for what I'm looking at, over a third of the entire budget would go just on RAM!

It means I really have to put off upgrading until prices become more reasonable. Though I've no idea when that will be...
Could be late 2019, maybe even 2020 as it takes years to build and get RAM factories up to production. Even then they'll likely be making DRAM for smartphones such is the demand.

Soldato
Could be late 2019, maybe even 2020 as it takes years to build and get RAM factories up to production. Even then they'll likely be making DRAM for smartphones such is the demand.

Well, dang it! It's kind of scuppered my plans. I can't wait that long, so I guess I'll be squirreling more money into the pot until I can afford these extortionate RAM prices. :(

Soldato
Well, dang it! It's kind of scuppered my plans. I can't wait that long, so I guess I'll be squirreling more money into the pot until I can afford these extortionate RAM prices. :(
Just keep an eye out for offers, they do happen still dos'nt help the gouged prices though but every little helps. Also 2nd hand market is always a good option, especially if buying from trusted places like the Members Market on here.

Soldato
Just keep an eye out for offers, they do happen still dos'nt help the gouged prices though but every little helps. Also 2nd hand market is always a good option, especially if buying from trusted places like the Members Market on here.

Yeah, I think spotting a good deal on suitable RAM on the MM might be the trigger that sets off this upgrade. Even with second-hand prices, though, it's still going to be another month or two of extra saving.

Soldato
Yeh i know what you mean, iv just recently done an upgrade of key parts myself. Did it over time, and was still painful on some of the prices. Upgrades for me in the past used to be buy all at once get it done, in the current state the market is in, yeh most will do it the slow way and wait for deals.

Back
Top Bottom