Draytek 2710n Where is QoS+line stats???

Associate
hi guys, today I received my draytek 2710n, but the main thing I was looking forward to setting up doesnt seem to be there,

i need QoS on the internal network so that I can prioritize traffic on specific ports and put torrent traffic on a lower priority.. but I cant find the QoS options, under bandwidth management there are just two options which are not the QoS screen I've seen others post up

Also what is the url for dsl line stats?

thanks

[ http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/BLaZeD_Petros/NoiseMargin-2009Aug12-1937.jpg ]

Last edited:

wij

wij

Associate
There is no QOS on the 2710 AFAIK as they're aimed at home users more so than the SMB market DrayTek would normally target.

Line stats will probably be in a menu called online status or something like that, tried reading the instructions?

Associate
OP
no QoS are u sure? It definately states it on their site, for example:

http://www.draytek.us/adsl-adsl2/draytek-vigor-2710n.html

7. Bandwidth Management

* QoS :
o Class-based Bandwidth Guarantee by User-defined Traffic Categories
o DiffServ Code Point Classifying
o 4-level Priority for Each Direction (Inbound/Outbound)
o Bandwidth Borrowed
* Bandwidth / Session Limitation

however the router config only has simple "bandwidth/session limitation" options. Firmware is 3.3.0

Associate
OP
indeed, hmmm its confusing how they have different specs listed all over the place but pretty sure I've been told by people on here when I was asking which router that it had QoS and most here are in the UK

wij

wij

Associate
Yer, very odd.

Not too sure what their phone support is like in the UK as I've only ever bought their kit direct from the distributor which has been excellent but you can only call them if you're their customer.

Don't think DrayTek actually have a UK support no. as the reseller is supposed to deal with all that sorta stuff I think.

Associate
OP
nobody with a 2710n who has QoS working or knows that it definately doesnt have the feature in the UK version for some reason?

Draytek havent replied to me yet :(

cheers

Associate
It is definitely disabled on the UK version of the 2710, it's only the 2820 and up that have it. Although, the 2710Vn is usually advertised as having QoS because it prioritises VoIP traffic, but thats not configurable.

Back
Top Bottom