Drive planner?

Soldato
Hi all,

I've just joined a new team at work and have a new call area to cover.

In my last team, they gave me an ideal call file - basically divided said calls into 5 a day in make sense drives.

This team, they have not given me this - just a list of stores and their post codes.

Anyone know of any sites or software where I can bung in the information I have and such?

Associate
Im not quite sure what your asking for here, maybe a route planner that you can put all the post codes in and it spits out the most effciant route :confused:

All I can think of is theaa.com and use the "via" option on there route planner to put the other postcodes into, but at least its free and you aint gotta buy no fancy software.

Soldato
I guess you would just have to use a mapping site like multimap or street map to find out where the sites were and then decide on what order to put them in.

The RAC do a route planner but with a max of 3 stops (and its not very good anyway) but obviously you need 5.

I guess there might be proper software out there for doing this, your probs going to have to buy it though.

Do you have sat nav?

Soldato
OP
Nazbit said:
I guess you would just have to use a mapping site like multimap or street map to find out where the sites were and then decide on what order to put them in.

The RAC do a route planner but with a max of 3 stops (and its not very good anyway) but obviously you need 5.

I guess there might be proper software out there for doing this, your probs going to have to buy it though.

Do you have sat nav?

Yeah, I have a TomTom 510.

As for the AA site, yeah I know that had via stops but do you need to put them in order?

Going to take along time with 96 so stores. Was trying to find a lazy way. Thanks for the info so far though.

Soldato
Surely having the satnav will solve this.... the only thing i can think of is autoroute if you want to scope it out beforehand, but i dont think its got that many via's.

Pho

Pho

Soldato
As said, TomTom has an itinerary thing which lets you input and optimise stops, this would do want you want.

edit: you should be able to create a points-of-interest file on a PC with the location of all the places, then upload it to the TT device and easilly create the stops.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom