• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Driver problems since upgrading to Vista x64

Soldato
hmmm maybe thats the answer then (2x2gig instead of 4x1gig)
Yes..this is what am going to do.....(i gave up with trying to run 4x 1gb sticks:()

2GB of my memory has been sitting here on my shelf for months because of the hassle i had with trying to use 4x 1GB sticks..
DSC00201.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thinking this is a driver problem more and more.

My system ran flawlessly with exactly the same setup and 4 sticks installed for 2 months under 32bit Vista. Initially it was flaky but 1.5v and a fan on the NB sorted that out and it ran rock solid.

Under Vista x64 It will pass memtest and orthos no problems. Will happily run Oblivion for 8hrs+ (which it wouldnt even do on Vista 32bit). Only seems to be hellgate giving me grief since i downgraded to forceware 163.75's everything else that was giving proiblems will work fine.

Bit irritating as they are not the most optimised drivers in the world but i will take stable ove optimised any day.

Associate
I brought an extra 2 gig to go in mine, bluescreened all over the place.
When I eventually got Vista 64 installed (having removed the dodgey memory) it worked fine, untill the full 4 gig was installed.
Was getting nvidea blue screens, and irq not less or equal to plus numerous other errors.
Would boot vista, be fine for about 2 minutes untill I clicked on something.
Turned out one of the new sticks was dodgey, so waiting for them to replace it.
With the old memory in, it's as stable as XP ever was, and not crashed once in the last 2 weeks or so.

Try it with only the old meory in, or even just the new.

Also, try the Vista memory diagnostic on boot up, see if it locks solid on a certain stick, mine worked fine with 3 of them, and locked solid on the dodgey stick.

In XP, with the 4 gig in, it was fine (as it only recognises the 2.5 gig or so.)

Last edited:
Soldato
Back
Top Bottom