Drivers that park badly

Soldato
They just pull in, not noticing that they are taking up to 4 spaces. Park up and walk away to wherever they are going to.

If I pull in and notice that I am parked over a line, always correct it. It only takes about 10-20 seconds for to reverse, correct myself and drive in. Always drive in boot outwards.

If people can’t spend the seconds doing this - give up driving.

Have lost count in the number of times I couldn’t find a bay because of a few lazy drivers unable to park straight in a bay.

If people do straddle over 2 bays as worried about their car, park further away. Or don’t buy a posh car!

Also in supermarkets don’t go down between cars with trolley. As previous car I had a massive scrape which was the same height as a small trolley. Walk around or park boot outwards or some supermarkets have a walk way between lines of bays.

Underboss
don't think we need another bad driving encounters thread
use this one :

Last edited:
Soldato
I like to double park. Or use parent space. Stops muppets from dinging my doors

Cue the wafting of fine rage flames.
(I only use parent bays with my kids in the car)...

Last edited:
Soldato
I like to double park. Or use parent space. Stops muppets from dinging my doors

Cue the wafting of fine rage flames.
(I only use parent bays with my kids in the car)...
It's all in the context really. Parked in the noman's land of a carpark that never gets near to being full, fair enough. In a busy car park right in the prime parking spots... Not cool.

I was Christmas shopping once and the car park was completely full bar half a space either side of Mr "I'm more important" in his Porsche Cayenne who'd straddled two bays. I dropped off my wife, extracted the boy from his car seat and then squeezed my car into the gap. I'd be surprised if you'd have got 5 sheets of paper stacked on top of each other between the cars. I did feel sorry for the person the other side but I ensured I was only blocking their passenger side so worst case they'd have to pull out to let someone in. I clambered out the boot, I'm sure they appreciated climbing in from the passenger side on their return.

Sometimes company cars are awesome.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom