Driving for Amazon , pointless ??

Associate
OP
Where you going get the time to do extra , shifts are 8am to 10pm 6 days a week and your forgetting if your a two man crew your splitting that wage in two thats about £150+ each

Associate
I wouldn't say this it's pointless. Even at just over £5 an hour, you just need to get a lot of hours in. I would say i prefer peace work though as you have far more flexibility. Uber, deliveroo and Beelivery are good bets.

Associate
Do you often deliver your load early?

I shouldn't be laughing at this..

I would say i prefer peace work though as you have far more flexibility. Uber, deliveroo and Beelivery are good bets.

I would suggest the same thing. Uber perhaps. A friend of mine started working as an Uber Eats driver this year. He earns around £10 per hour. Unlike Amazon, you can work as much or as little as you like.

Associate
I’m working at Amazon as a self employed driver.
However Amazon holds all the cards even though self employed, they say I must work a 9 hour day but does that included travel back to the depot. I am always about one hour away from the depot so if I leave the depot at 8:00am should I be back at the depot by 17:00pm regardless if I have not finished the load I’m given.
My daily load is always increasing and I never get time for a break, traffic works has also put an extra half hour travel on my day so is it a 9 hour day including travel or 9 hour delivering regardless of the distance from the depot?

Caporegime
Have you thought of quitting and moving to another delivery company? There is probably plenty of oppertunity now in lockdown etc...

Maybe even switch to food deliveries?

Associate
I’m working at Amazon as a self employed driver.
However Amazon holds all the cards even though self employed, they say I must work a 9 hour day but does that included travel back to the depot. I am always about one hour away from the depot so if I leave the depot at 8:00am should I be back at the depot by 17:00pm regardless if I have not finished the load I’m given.
My daily load is always increasing and I never get time for a break, traffic works has also put an extra half hour travel on my day so is it a 9 hour day including travel or 9 hour delivering regardless of the distance from the depot?
If you don't mind can you tell me area where you deliver?

Associate
Hey guys. Is anyone here who works on amazon? Need some tips on insurance and van rental.

Don't do it. There's little you can do where you can come out on top.

I did the job for maybe 2/3 months about 8/9yrs ago. It was through an agency, about £90 a day IIRC, £120 for Sunday. Van i left "on site", down some layby so they couldn't charge me for van rental, we also had a free fuel card. It was between 110 and 180 stops per day. You had about an allowance of 3/4 return parcels. Was able to smash out that in 6hrs mostly.

I made some okay money short term, and got a souvenir phone, and there's some other naughties you can do. But ultimately it's a pita and not worth the hassle even short term.

Only just seen the 2yr bump from a 1st poster. Guess google is pointing people here.

Soldato
Try looking at bus work, all the big companies will train and test you. Even up here in the north east they pay about £10 an hour I think.

When you leave within a certain amount of time, the cost comes out of your final pay packet so I've been told. Your standard of driving has to be much higher with passengers on board & your speed is monitored constantly. Plus you are dealing with joe public. been there done that. left after 4 days after hearing all the horror stories from other drivers.

Back
Top Bottom