ds3 + ram timmings

Permabanned
i have the ds3 board with Corsair 2GB DDR2 XMS2-6400C5 TwinX (2x1GB) rated at 5-5-5-12-T1 i am also running a 6400 cpu just need to know how to get the best or should i say optimal settings for the ram + how to change the setings in bios using f10 bios + will do my system and memory any harm if i set my ram timmings to the above rated for a prolonged period? ie 8 months or so.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you set the ram timings too low (too fast) the ram will not will not be harmed, you will simply get data errors which will cause system crashed and eventually corrupt your windows installation.

You can damage the memory by feeding it too much voltage as with any electrical device - usually it is rated to operate in a range.

Also setting the frequency higher than rated will create a little more heat and potentially damage it however this is less likely as the machine will usually refuse to run properly if the speed is set too high.

Regards

AD

Permabanned
OP
thanks.

So lets say the mb is reporting timmings off 5-5-5-18-T3 and the memory is certified at 5-5-5-12-T1 so if i set it to the max certified speed over a prolonged period of time this would be fine?

Back
Top Bottom