1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DS3 suspension issue?

Discussion in 'Motors' started by DeeDee911, Jan 13, 2020.

1. DeeDee911

Associate

Right to cut a long story short I used my car last Friday and went down a road with about 20 humps in the road. I went over them slightly faster than normal but nothing too serious or suspension bumping.. I have learnt from previous cars.

Today driving my car to work I noticed a knocking on every bump on the front ns and the first thing I thought damn the drop link arm is on its way out. I quickly pulled in at Aldi and as soon as I pulled out and went 100 yards straight down the side street i heard a bang and turning the wheel is nearly impossible. I feel like the front as dipped. I had 10min to get into work so I had to leave my car at the side of the road.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I finish work at 1am so more photos to follow tomorrow. What could be the possible problem here?

2. ron3003

Wise Guy

Broken spring obviously.

3. MagicBoy

Capodecina

Broken coil spring, innit.

4. Diddums

Capodecina

Wow. Never in my life have I had a spring fail and my cars are driven like they're stolen, everywhere. We love a good speedbump here in London.

5. DeeDee911

Associate

I went back to my car on my break and I did indeed find a piece of the coil spring on the road.. How much am I looking if I took it to a garage??

6. ron3003

Wise Guy

About £150, maybe less. Assuming it's still driveable. More if you need it recovering.