DS4 and e6300 - Restart problems...

Soldato
Hi all,

I'm now having a play with a DS4 (Bios: F5c) and an e6300.

It clocks great - all the way upto 490x7 - and is prime stable...

But the problem I'm getting is - When the system is quite hot after a good prime session, when I go to do a 'Start>Shutdown>Restart' - The system doesn't boot back up (Intermittently) It doesn't even post... although the fans are still spinning etc...

Has anybody had this problem?

I am running G-Skill 6400HZ Ram with + 0.4volts

I have tried the newer 'F5' Bios - But this doesn't help at all...

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
http://www.theeldergeek.com/shutdown_issues_in_xp.htm

About halfway down. Don't know if will sort out the problem though, worth a shot

"The majority of Win XP shutdown problems reported thus far have been that it reboots when shutdown is attempted. This may be a global symptom emerging from several distinct causes, because, by default, XP executes an automatic restart in the event of a system failure. Therefore, more or less anything compromising the operating system during the shutdown process could force this reboot. Disabling the restart on system failure feature may permit the exact cause to be isolated: Right-click on My Computer, click Properties, click the Advanced tab. Under Startup & Recovery, click Settings. Under System Failure, uncheck the box in front of System reboot."

Soldato
Thats a weird one, i can't understand why setting the PCI Freq. to 105 would help although many people have said that their overclocks have become more stable after doing this. Can anyone shed some light on this one please?

Back
Top Bottom