DS4 + XFI Problems - PCI Lock?

Associate
I overclocked my e6300 today and now every time i start my computer, my xfi sound card asks me to install it :mad: Anyone else got this problem? Is there a way of locking the PCI frequency on a gigabyte DS4?

Last edited:
Hi,

I had the same problem with my DS4 and XFI but as soon as I upgraded my bios to F5 (latest version) it never happened again. Give it a try!

you can get the bios from here --> http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/...rboard&ProductID=2288&ProductName=GA-965P-DS4

You can lock your PCI frequency in the MIT bios section just under the fsb settings. The default setting is set to auto but you can change that to 100 for example.

Last edited:
The strange thing is i'm already runnig the F5 bios :confused: I've locked the PCi-E frequency to 100, but I can't see a setting for the PCI frequency. It's strange, sometimes the card works, others it's asking to install drivers for it.

Simmy said:
The strange thing is i'm already runnig the F5 bios :confused: I've locked the PCi-E frequency to 100, but I can't see a setting for the PCI frequency. It's strange, sometimes the card works, others it's asking to install drivers for it.

You said you have locked you PCI frequency to 100. That is the setting for PCI frequency. You confused me.*
Cant find it either. Maybe pnp/pci configurations section?

OK I just decreased my vcore one notch to test with Orthos and as soon as I booted into windows my sound card needed drivers again. Maybe it is vcore related? Up your vcore a bit and see what happens. Let me know how it went.

*Sorry I hadn't noticed you said PCIe and PCI :D

Last edited:
Cheers for the reply. I'm currently running on stock voltage atm so you could be correct. I'll let you know :)

Last edited:
Well last night I increased my PCI frequency to 110 from 100 and as soon as I booted into windows I had the drivers issue again. :mad:

However it happened only that one time. After numerous restarts and working with my pc today it never happened again. It seems that the Creative drivers become unstable as soon as you change something in the MIT bios section but then they seem to sort them selves out. :)

You could also try to reinstall your XFI drivers again after you've finalised your overclocking.

Last edited:
strange your problem as i'm currently getting a similar problem with my xfi fatal1ty when i shut down my computer i get the "end now" window for my EAX module and the computer won't shut down until i end it, sometimes i get RUNDLL end now aswell! then i wasn't able to un-install my xfi sound card because it kept freezing when i tried so, i'm going to be re-formatting! i'm 100% sure this was affecting my gameing performance as in cs 1.6 i was getting constant 99fps (which is excellent) but every 10-15 seconds i'd get a massive lag spike and my ping also is very low at 9-11, so i'm putting this down to the xfi

Back
Top Bottom