Dual Boot Win XP & Win 7

Associate
Ive got Win 7 Home Premium on pre-order, which i plan to install asap once it arrives.

I would like to do a Dual boot with Win XP and Win 7.

What will i need to do for this.

I have a 1TB drive but im only going to have about 50-100gb for XP, as some printers i have and use only have drivers upto Win XP.

So i was thinking of doing dual boot, designs etc i make i'll do via the progs in Win7 then when i need to print reboot into XP and print to the printers via that.

Associate
Ive got Win 7 Home Premium on pre-order, which i plan to install asap once it arrives.

I would like to do a Dual boot with Win XP and Win 7.

What will i need to do for this.[/QUOTE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, There is a guide HERE that will help you. i would recommend that you duel boot with another drive. I do, it saves a lot of hassle if the main drive goes down. The guide is for XP and Vista, but win 7 will be no different.

Soldato
Hi, There is a guide HERE that will help you. i would recommend that you duel boot with another drive. I do, it saves a lot of hassle if the main drive goes down. The guide is for XP and Vista, but win 7 will be no different.
I've been doing this for a while... i installed one OS with one drive plugged in, installed the other OS on the other drive with 1st drive unplugged and just use the BIOS boot menu to pick my boot drive :)

Works a treat, so simple. Of course only issue is then disk manager/diskpart/etc picking up the other drive or it showing in My Computer. But of course you can just ignore it.

Associate
OP
I only have 1 drive, which is the 1TB drive i currently have.

Win 7 once it arrives will be installed and used all the time apart from the exception when i need to run XP to use the printers.

Tried the link - but it goes to a Wiki HTTP info page

Associate
Could you try using/printing via a virtual pc session like virtualbox or vmware from within windows 7, saves you rebooting all the time?

Back
Top Bottom