• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dual graphics cards

Associate
I want to output the same desktop to 2 different monitors at different resolutions. I have tried UltraMon, but this doesn't seem to work correctly for MCE.

On a SLI motherboard, can I use 2 PCI-E graphics cards in a non-SLI configuration?

Soldato
Yes you can with ease, but never realised this didnt work with windows itself (without ultramon)

edit.... come to think of it I guess as its a mirror desktop one change would be replicated on both simultaneously so yeah I can understand you having problems, not entirely sure two cards would work as they would automatically produce seperate desktops .....i think

Associate
OP
I am trying to output MCE onto 2 TVs. Unfortunately one is a CRT and the other is a HD panel, hence the different resolutions.

I just don't want to buy another graphics card without knowing whether it will work or not.

Soldato
I run MCE on a LCD and a TV using the clone option. You can set whatever res you like on either.

The LCD runs from the DVI slot, and the TV runs from the TV-out. Its connected to a video sender that transmits to a portable tv in the bedroom.

Everything works really well. Thsi is using a Nvidia 6200.

Back
Top Bottom