Dual monitor setup, Bios displays on vertical one

Associate
Currently run an Acer X34A as my main monitor and some cheap IIYAMA 24" as my secondary which i have vertical for extra space.
Works fine except when PC boots up the bios is displayed sideways on the horizontal screen which makes it a total ballache to change anything.
The main Acer X34a is connected by Displayport and the secondary IIYAMA is connected by HDMI.
Is there a way to change which monitor the bios displays on? As soon as windows loads the windows login screen is on the correct monitor

Soldato
Sadly I haven't been able to find one :/ I have PLP setup, with the side panels being old/cheap DVIs. No matter what I do, the POST screen goes to the DVI in favour of display port.

Only remedy I know is run both monitors off DP, maybe with an adapter?

Associate
OP
Might be worth a shot, knowing my luck if both are connected by DP the vertical one will still display first lol.
If i have to change any bios settings ill just unplug the second one i think.

Soldato
Have you had a good look around in BIOS?

I have an 'Initial Display Output' which I set to PCIe 4 Slot to force it onto main monitor. Might be called something else depending on BIOS make.

Soldato
Might be worth a shot, knowing my luck if both are connected by DP the vertical one will still display first lol.
If i have to change any bios settings ill just unplug the second one i think.

There are no bios settings that I know of, it's down to the GPU firmware.

If you went via DP adapter, then you could at least guarantee that the SAME DP port would be chosen each time. If it turns out to be the vertical one, just swap the cables round :)

Back
Top Bottom