Dual Monitor Setup for RTX 3060Ti

Soldato
Hi all,

I finally have all the parts sorted for my PC build. Now I need to sort out monitors to get the best out of my 3060 Ti.

I can keep up with most component talk but I'm not up to speed with monitors just yet.

Can anyone advise the sweet spot for two cost-effective, decent quality monitors that will handle the best my new 3060 Ti GPU throws at them?

Note: The primary use of this PC is for CAD (Autodesk Inventor) and MS Office. It may occasionally be used for light-ish gaming like Factorio, Frostpunk and probably Satisfactory at some point.

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
OP
I find it most cost effective to buy one expensive monitor and a second cheaper one, because each monitor has a different purpose. Would you want that or would you want the two monitors to be the same?

It all depends if it looks smart or not. I would struggle with uneven heights, mismatched stands or colour/brightness differences. These things bother me too much. For example it annoys me at the moment having my laptop next to a bigger monitor.

I was thinking two 27" monitors but I could save some money going smaller. The laptop screen is too small, but the monitor I have at 23.8" is OK. Unfortunately it's just a cheapo monitor and won't reflect the GPU quality.

Two monitors or one untrawide?

Would one ultrawide not cost more than two? If there's a super decent program to tile my windows how I like, that may work. I do like to use one full monitor for my CAD program though and split the other for documents, browsers and other stuff.

Soldato
OP
I use 2 27inch 1440p screens for autocad 2021 and it works great.I put all the breakout boxes on one screen so it doesn’t cover my drawings and keeps the working screen uncluttered. I have 2 eizo screens but any 2 decent quality screens would be great. Look for a Matt screen surface to remove reflections.

This sounds like my style. Am I right in thinking that QHD are 1440p screens and will get the most out of a 3060 Ti?

Soldato
OP
I think 1440p would be a good enough upgrade from what I'm used to. I think two 27" monitors would be more than enough

Back
Top Bottom