Dual Monitors - 1 TV?

Man of Honour
Hi, I've got a 19" WS monitor on the way anytime soon :D .

I'm gonna use that as my primary monitor - mainly for gaming at 1440*900.

At the moment I have 19" TFT, and I was wondering if I could use it as a TV at the same time?

I have 2 x 6800GT's, so I assume I can run them both easily with nView or whatever it is (haven't run dual before). If not could someone recommend me software thats more suitable perhaps. When it's not being used as a TV I'd just use it for browsing or watching films, I assume that will be easy enough?

I've tried searching for this but found nothing specific, and some of the topics are 50 pages long - which I don't fancy looking through when they might not even be relevant.

So basically I would like help with how to setup my second monitor to be a TV, I do have a TV card somewhere i think.

Cheers.

Man of Honour
OP
:rolleyes: Help us out lads please.

I'm sure some of you know how to go about this, after all there are dozens of multi monitor setups on here.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. :D

Soldato
Its simple. Aslong as your not running Sli you can have 2 monitors connected to either graphics card or 1 on each if you want. 1 on each would be better because you haven't got the full resolution depending on one of the cards (especially as yours are quite old now).

Just simple plug your second monitor in, turn your PC on and in the nvidia options (display properties -> settings -> advanced -> NVIDIA tab (e.g "6800 GT") -> nView display settings -> nView display mode -> Set to "Dualview" if its not already on it).

Then you want an app like Ultramon (google it) to give you a "fake" taskbar on the secondary monitor.

Man of Honour
OP
It's not so much that which I am worried about.

But how to convert the secondary monitor into a TV whilst being able to game on the primary.

Soldato
Just run the application that comes with your tv card and put the window on the monitor you want which you should set up as the secondary monitor in windows, make it full screen if thats what you want and then run the game and it should appear on the other monitor if that is set to primary - most games prefer to run on the monitor designated primary.

LOL really its something thats hard to explain but easy in practice to do when you have the monitors sitting there in front of you :D

Back
Top Bottom