Dual network cards and port forwarding on client machine

Associate
How do I setup local forwarding on a machine with 2 network cards so that Torrent packets use one card, while all other traffic is forwarded to the other card?

More about what I'm trying to do.....

My internet connection is fed into a Smoothwall box, which is connected to a LinkSys router & switch. My LAN sits behind the LinkSys and all the machines on the LAN can connect to the internet (and each other) fine.

Now, what I've been trying to do is run a Torrent application on one of the machines on the LAN, but want to avoid sending the Torrent packets across the LAN as this causes issues.

So I've added a 3rd network card to the Smoothwall, a 2nd card to the Torrent machine and connected the two together (using a crossover cable). I've set the Smoothwall up to forward the Torrent ports directly to the Torrent machine. The problem is that the traffic isn't being routed properly.

I'm currently using a PCTools firewall on the Torrent client machine, but that doesn't have a forwarding action that can be added to the rules.

Associate
OP
I have since discovered that you can bind most Torrent apps to a specific NIC (assuming it is static). Windows will sometimes override it - but I've put in a firewall rule to make sure it behaves.

Back
Top Bottom