Dual Screen Help

Associate
Hi Guys,

Just want to say what a great forum this is. Been reading it for months, and now need a little help with my monitors.

ive got two lcd one is a 19" samsung syncmaster 920n and the other is a 17" vizitron L-171 (about 4 years old)

I have just recently brought a new machine and would like to use both screens.
The graphics card is an ATI Radeon x1600 SE with two DVI outputs and i'm using two converters from DVI to VGA so both monitors can connect.

Both screens turn on during windows boot, but as soon as the blue welcome screen comes on the vizitron screen turn off and displays an out of range message. Ive tried every setting i know but still the screen will not turn on. One thing i have noticed is in the ATI catalyst the samsung screen shows as a monitor and the other as a digital panel.. What does this mean.

Does this mean the Vizitron wont work with the DVI connetion?

Many Thanks

Soldato
not sure on what that means, but you could try swapping the connections round, then in display properties (right click desktop - properties) just set the 2nd output as the primary one and the vizitron as the extended

Associate
OP
Thank you for a quick reply.

I have tried swapping the connections around but still but i still get the same problem.

One thing i have just tried was to swap the connection over while the pc is still on, and guess what the vizitron screen fired right up. great i thought.

Just done a quick restart only to find i still have problem.

I'm just wondering if the vizitron is a little to old to go through a dvi - vga connection.

Soldato
StevenG said:
change the refresh rate, in the Advance and then Monitor tab. see if that helps
Yup - Your monitor is getting sent a signal that it cannot process.

Either too high a refresh rate or too high a resolution.

See if you can change the oiptions so they are both CRT's - And reduce the resolution of your 17".

Back
Top Bottom