Dual screen, open windows moving when i open a game

Soldato
Got a problem that's been bugging me for a while.
I am running 2 screens, and everything else is working fine.
But.
If i have any Firefox or Win10 windows open on screen 2 and i launch Steam or any full screen app on screen 1, the windows on screen 2 will either move so they are 1/2 & 1/2 over both screens :/ or move to screen 1.

Running
Win10
GTX1070ti
Aoc 32" monitor as screen 1
Old Technika 24" tv as screen 2

any ideas?

Soldato
Sounds like what happens when the thing you're running on the main screen is running at a lower resolution than what it's set to for the desktop.

Soldato
OP
Sounds like what happens when the thing you're running on the main screen is running at a lower resolution than what it's set to for the desktop.
I will check that, thanks for the tip.
Been checking through, it doesn't happen opening Steam any longer, just happens with the 1 game, World of Warships

Soldato
Stick the game in windowed mode and see if it clears, if the issue goes then maybe just reapplying fullscreen after that will help (assuming set to same res as desktop).

Man of Honour
This kind of stuff has generally been a problem with Windows unfortunately since forever - multi-monitor support is not amazing at the best of times. Using Windowed and Borderless Fullscreen modes in games and other fullscreen programs can help to avoid it but not entirely.

Soldato
What I do when this happens, i.e. windows on screen 2 shifting position due to the main screen changing to a lower res in a game than the desktop res, I will drag the window on the second screen so part of it is on the first screen before starting the game. When the game starts it will shift right as it normally does, but because I've given it a "counter" left shift, it ends up fully on the second screen pretty much. You just have to play with how much overlap you give it.

Soldato
OP
Stick the game in windowed mode and see if it clears, if the issue goes then maybe just reapplying fullscreen after that will help (assuming set to same res as desktop).
Just tried it in full screen windowed mode, this has fixed the problem
This kind of stuff has generally been a problem with Windows unfortunately since forever - multi-monitor support is not amazing at the best of times. Using Windowed and Borderless Fullscreen modes in games and other fullscreen programs can help to avoid it but not entirely.
Yeah that seems to be the consensus, been googling the problem also, seems to be a common problem

Thanks for the replies.
Oh btw the res for the game on screen 1 is the same res as the monitor (1440p)
What happens is, i have to launch the silly Wargaming Center, which opens in a small window, then when i launch the game from there, it opens in full screen and drags the windows from screen 2

Back
Top Bottom