Dublin...

Soldato
Teledude said:
A Jammer?!! :p

Does look like a lovely place - can't wait :D

Will I have any problem getting a lease without a PPS number/Irish bank account?? :)

Jammer = Car!

You're most probably going to need a direct debit so an Irish bank should be your first port of call. Don't forget references from your previous landlords.

I don't have a clue how the Irish PPS works for other EU citizens. www.oasis.gov.ie has all the answers.

Drop me a line when you arrive!

Soldato
OP
Morlan said:
Jammer = Car!

You're most probably going to need a direct debit so an Irish bank should be your first port of call. Don't forget references from your previous landlords.

I don't have a clue how the Irish PPS works for other EU citizens. www.oasis.gov.ie has all the answers.

Drop me a line when you arrive and ill buy you ten beers!

Sweet nice one mate - Ill be operating through my own Ltd but my other half will need to go the PPS route :)

Will bookmark the site and remember your offer of free beer ;)

Soldato
I live about 15 minutes walk from the city centre in Ballsbridge, and love it atm :) I pay about €650ish incl bills for a double room in an apartment I share with 1 other person.

A great place to look for accomodation is the Rathmines/Ranelagh area on the southside. Its walking distance to the city, on the tram line, and has a young outgoing air about it. Ideal for you, I think.

As for Dublin being boring with nothing to do but boozing? Never heard such rubbish. I've recently moved back after 2 years abroad - alots changed, its very young, vibrent and cosmopoliton. There's absolutely lots to do if you're willing to get up off your ass.

It is expensive and busy, but its a very comfy lifestyle here. Very best of luck! Drop me a line if you need any advice.

Soldato
Teledude said:
Looks like I might have secured a contract down in the big Leopardstown complex so am looking in Sandyford and the surrounding areas for an apartment - seem to be all be 1300eu/month for a 1 bed place but they all look very modern and nice :D

Hey, I worked in the big leopardstown complex for a year and just finished last june. Amazing place is Dublin! You will enjoy it. I stayed just up the road from Leopardstown. Places to try are Leopardstown itself, Dundrum, Stillorgan or Foxrock. Rent is so expensive but it just has to be paid! I paid 500euro a month for a large double room. Goes without saying that I didn't make much money from the year!

Associate
bfar said:
A great place to look for accomodation is the Rathmines/Ranelagh area on the southside.

Thats where I live, we could be neighbours!

bfar said:
As for Dublin being boring with nothing to do but boozing? Never heard such rubbish. I've recently moved back after 2 years abroad - alots changed, its very young, vibrent and cosmopoliton. There's absolutely lots to do if you're willing to get up off your ass.

Totally agree, previous statement was rubbish!

Back
Top Bottom