Ducati supersport classic sport 1000

Associate
Ok so this is a bit of a dream thread although an achievable dream.

I was wondering if anyone had any real world experience of this bike?

I know most people say test ride bikes etc but these are pretty rare and i don't even know if there's a ducati bike dealer ship close (north west)

I currently ride a cbr 400 which i know isnt any where close performance wise
I'm actually thinking of buying a cb400 and turning it into a close replica cafe racer like the Ducati ( i imagine me mentioning it is probably the worst thing i can do!)

as prices are a little different £1k as appose to 10k i would just like any thoughts on either bikes please!

Associate
OP
hahaha im glad you said that!
I narrowly missed out on this.... was supposed to go down in the morning to see it and just before i set off the dealer called me and told me it was sold!
Y3NWF59.jpg
Pretty much the perfect cb400 cafe racer couldn't look closer to the Ducati Supersport classic!

Soldato
The Ducati Sport classic is on my list of bikes to own, it would be a bike I'd buy and NEVER sell. It's the bike that got me into bikes.

There aren't many about, even less if you want the rarer monoposto version.

I wouldn't expect to just be able to stroll into any Ducati dealership and see one, as I said they are rare as hell, there probably isn't more than a handful for sale in the UK, so it'll be a case of finding one and travelling to see it.

This is a monosposto - http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201405084027702/sort/recpriceascdefault/model/sport_classic/make/ducati/usedbikes/page/1/postcode/me145pd/r/r?logcode=p

For me a bike like this would be an investment bike, one to keep in the garage, bring out on (very) special days, and in 10 years time it'll probably be worth a few quid more than they are now.

Last edited:
Soldato
hahaha im glad you said that!
I narrowly missed out on this.... was supposed to go down in the morning to see it and just before i set off the dealer called me and told me it was sold!
Y3NWF59.jpg
Pretty much the perfect cb400 cafe racer couldn't look closer to the Ducati Supersport classic!

Hmm, I beg to differ. No contest. :cool:;)

attachment.php

Associate
OP
The Ducati Sport classic is on my list of bikes to own, it would be a bike I'd buy and NEVER sell. It's the bike that got me into bikes.

There aren't many about, even less if you want the rarer monoposto version.

I wouldn't expect to just be able to stroll into any Ducati dealership and see one, as I said they are rare as hell, there probably isn't more than a handful for sale in the UK, so it'll be a case of finding one and traveling to see it.

This is a monosposto - http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201405084027702/sort/recpriceascdefault/model/sport_classic/make/ducati/usedbikes/page/1/postcode/me145pd/r/r?logcode=p

For me a bike like this would be an investment bike, one to keep in the garage, bring out on (very) special days, and in 10 years time it'll probably be worth a few quid more than they are now.

Thats exactly what i planned on doing i don't actually like the monosposto though!!! Edit i didn't realize the monosposto was the single head light without the cowl i thought it was the other way around!

Hmm, I beg to differ. No contest. :cool:;)

attachment.php

Well duh one's 10k and one cost's 1k i love the Ducati and i will own one to complete my tron themed life hahaha but you nailed it that's the exact one i want in black with bar end mirrors and polished termi's!

But running 2 cars 2 bikes a house and building 2 gaming pc's sort of puts me short on having 10k spare for a Ducati!

Soldato
Monoposto is the single seat 2006 only model, identified by the asymmetrical swingarm and stacked exhausts and dry clutch. No fairing, single headlamp

Biposto is the 2007-2009 model, with a pillion seat, different swingarm, exhausts either side of the rear wheel and a wet clutch. Again, no fairing.

There was also a sport 1000S model with a fairing, based on the biposto version, and a Paul Smart LE model also with a fairing based on the monoposto version.

Obviously with the monoposto version only being made for a year, they're much rarer. The paul smart version is rarer still, only 2000 made worldwide.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ducati_SportClassic

Associate
OP
Ahhh that clears it up! i actually like both the Biposto and the monoposto .....the gf would prefer the Bisposto....but that means she has to ride pillion ...eurgh!!!!

Back
Top Bottom