Due an upgrade need help!

Associate
Hello all,

I'm due an upgrade with EE currently using iphone 6 plus 64gb.

Which road would you take? Current gen iphone i.e iphone x ? Or Grab a pixel 2 xl ?

I have a pixel c tablet and don't mind android at all really.

Or should I wait until later in year for something new?

Any help much appreciated

Cheers

Im in exact same position except i would rather headbutt a spike than have a iphone, i just cannot use them. I want the the Pixel 2 XL but upgrading costs about £200+ more with less data than taking out a new contract?

Best price XL New contract : 15GB Data/Unlimited min&texts : £25 upfront, £37.99 P/M Total cost £936
Best price XL Upgrade: 8GB Data/ Unlimited min&texts : £30 upfront, £44P/M Total cost £1086

Great loyalty scheme......

Is it a massive pain to end contract, transfer number to a PAYG sim and then back to the new contract? Does this take forever to do? Much downtime on the phoneline?

Last edited:
Not sure about changing sim to PAYG but that is something I'm very interested in.

8gb data wouldn't be enough for me these days, I'm paying £25 for unlimted calls/text and 30gb data.

It's just finding the dough to fork out for handset only!

What do you think of the Moto z2 force?

Not a great time to upgrade, Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus will be out in March so everything will soon be last gen.

But if you have to choose one get the Pixel 2 XL, so long as you can overlook the display issues it's a great phone.

I caved and ordered the Pixel 2 XL on a new contract. Im in need of a decent phone after breaking my S6 the other day and still have 2 months on my existing contract. I'll just stick that sim in my new phone and use it until my contract is up and make sure it cancels on time and get a pac code. That'll go onto a giffgaff card and then request a pac code for that and then put it over to the new contract sim.

Looked it up earlier and this seems best way to do it and saves a lot of money over upgrading.

Back
Top Bottom