Duel channel ram not working on Max x Hero

Associate
Hi,
Having a problem with my ram I can only get one (of the two strips) to work.
I have tried it with both strips in the two standard options and it just gives a
post code for [No Ram Found] and then just sits there.

Tried it with just one ram in all all slots and found it will not work in a1 and a2 (wont complete post)
but it will work in slot b3 and b4. The same ram works fine (both sticks) in another pc.

Checked on the QVL and it listed there as working and I updated the
BIOS but that did not help and I ran the mobo's ram setup but meh.

Is this a broken mobo or is there some thing I should know?

Specs
MOBO: Maximus x Hero
RAM: 2x Corsar Domminator 3000
CPU: 8700k

Associate
OP
Yeah I did use the mem ok, sorry thats what I meant by mobo's ram checker, I did try it a few times with both sticks and I think the result was it either just sat there with a No Ram Detected Code or gave an unlisted code.
I have had and is still running well with just the one stick so its not the cpu causing problems. Had good Benchtest results (for an un-overclocked rig) and the temps are good too.

Associate
OP
Im not really expecting it to be over tightened as I normally only tighten to the point of just past end of free movement so
thats its just firmly done so if any thing im expecting to need to clean it and unless the pins were bent on delivery they should be ok too.
Thanks for the advice all :)

Associate
OP
Ok so I removed the CPU and while taking great care I gave the it and the socket a bit of a clean, checked it for bent/damage pins and reset it and the CPU cooler
being careful not to over tighten but I still get the post code [CC] and the little orange flashing light.
I again tried the Mem Ok

Back
Top Bottom