'Duncan Jenkins' (Twitter 'journo')

Soldato
It's no real secret now, given various media outlets have produced his real name, who is behind the Jenkins twitter account, it's a fella called Sean. I know Sean and I can vouch that all the things that were said in his blog account here--> http://duncanjenkins.blogspot.co.uk/ , are real and Chang is a wee billy big ******** who thought he could bully a fan and get away with it.

I'm a 30 year Liverpool fan myself....

So, to summarise, our Director of PR:...

cannot tell a genuine fan from a devious journo in a 2 hour face to face interview in Manchester when he went to see Sean,lacks the intelligence and courtesy even to ask Sean to cooperate for the good of the club,instead threatens him and his family publicly and harasses him on the phone,
boasts to a friend about it and then expects not to be caught out, even though the fan clearly has a twitter following of tens of thousands.

Chang runs a smear campaign through third party internet warriors but leaves a trail back to himself,
meets the Daily Mail without a credible line to take for the interview and then cannot be contacted as gradually the story emerges.

LIVERPOOL FC’s communications chief Jen Chang faces an internal investigation into allegations he harassed an anonymous supporter suspected of revealing accurate transfer knowledge on Twitter.
The club is set to probe claims made in a blog that director of communications Jen Chang vowed to ban the fan for life and threatened that supporters would make his life a “living hell”.
Mr Chang has described the allegations as “total nonsense”.
Liverpool fan Sean Cummins, 35, used the alter ego “Duncan Jenkins” on Twitter to predict the signings of Fabio Borini and Nuri Sahin – which he insisted in the blog had been simply “educated punts”.

But according to the blog post, published a week ago, Mr Cummins claimed that Mr Chang had demanded to know who his “mole” at the club was and rejected his account he had simply lifted gossip from fans’ forums and the Liverpool ECHO.
The allegations revolve around a meeting at a Manchester restaurant in August where Mr Chang allegedly made a series of threats unless “Duncan Jenkins” revealed he had no inside track on business dealings.
Managing director Ian Ayre was set to speak to Mr Chang after club sources said officials were investigating “a matter that had been raised”.
Mr Chang, the blog alleges, accused Mr Cummins of costing the club £300,000 extra in the Borini deal because his information led to Roma inflating the price.
He is alleged to have threatened to ban him from Anfield and pass a file to journalists who could “run smear stories” in the tabloid press.

According to the blog, Chang is also alleged to have told Cummins: “You know how crazy football fans are. You’ll have dog s*** coming through your letterbox, you’ll have to take your Facebook page down, you might even have to move house.”
Mr Chang admits meeting Mr Cummins in Manchester but firmly denies the allegations.
Mr Cummins, a copywriter from Manchester, states in the blog: “Everything I've written is 100% true. There is not a single shred of embellishment in this account.”
But there is no taped recording of the Manchester meeting and no direct evidence of any threats.

Mr Ayre is believed to have been in contact with Mr Cummins, whose seemingly credible Jenkins’ creation was followed by a number of national sports journalists.
The ECHO understands the club's managing director will meet Mr Cummins to discuss the issue in the next few days.
Mr Chang, who was brought in to Liverpool this summer to replace long-serving PR chief Ian Cotton, issued a statement earlier this week.
He said: “I will not be responding to total nonsense. The contents of my tweets that are included in the blog bear no relation whatsoever to the false accusations made by a fictional character.
“There was never any investigation by Liverpool over the tweets.”
Despite repeated attempts, Mr Chang could not be contacted yesterday.
Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...nkins-harassment-allegations-100252-32068873/

Most likely Chang lives in a fantasy world and imagines himself a some sort of serious player. Have a laugh at him and the LFC ladies team...he thinks he runs them. But in any kind of PR capacity, he is comically inept. Coupled with the information Sean told him, he is also a nasty little bully. Tbh I cannot understand what the owners are waiting for.

It is now in the public domain that Ayres (LFC head honcho for those who have no clue of the man) has been in touch with Sean directly. In earlier posts I made I was referring to that exact contact and that is why i didn't expand on it at the time in my replies due to keeping it under wraps as a measure of respect to Sean.

Last edited:
Caporegime
So what has been resolved? And you're just saying what has now been released by the press?

Who is the person on here who can vouch for you?

Soldato
Purdy what part of "I actually know Sean" don't you get. He has given up evidence and proof and I believe this bullying happened without a doubt.

It's the LFC director of communications trying to be a "hard man" and go off on a power trip....Shocking behaviour for a man in his position, he needs to go and go now and apologise publicy to Sean.

Caporegime
Wheres the person on here who can vouch for you?

This is the day after a certain thing has been resolved, what is it?

Pretty much you've just said ' I know something' and then said what is on the blog or in the media.

Soldato
Wheres the person on here who can vouch for you?

This is the day after a certain thing has been resolved, what is it?

Pretty much you've just said ' I know something' and then said what is on the blog or in the media.

I don't really want to get involved or anything but I'm not sure why this chap would lie about knowing this other chap, doesn't really have anything to gain from it and it's not really the most impressive thing to lie about is it?

Caporegime
He knows the best bull****ter on twitter, quite impressive if he does.

It's completely pointless posting, 'yeah i'll tell you next week when its out in the press', why even bother posting that if we'll read it all in the news anyway you are just making people curious for no reason

Soldato
He knows the best bull****ter on twitter, quite impressive if he does.

It's completely pointless posting, 'yeah i'll tell you next week when its out in the press', why even bother posting that if we'll read it all in the news anyway you are just making people curious for no reason

I got into this thread due to this post http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=22971727&postcount=18

Knowing Sean I'm outraged a senior Liverpool football club director would resort to bullying tactics to try and intimidate Sean. That is why I felt the need to comment. I could have kept my mouth shut and nobody on here would have been any the wiser. Instead I'm annoyed about it enough to respond to that fellas post http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=22971727&postcount=18

Soldato
Liverpool’s managing director Ian Ayre has apologised in writing on behalf of the club for the inappropriate behaviour of communications director Jen Chang towards Liverpool fan Sean Cummins, the creator of spoof journalist ‘Duncan Jenkins’, during a meeting between the pair on 22 August and in the days afterwards.
Cummins, a 35-year-old copy writer from south Manchester, gained 40,000 followers for Jenkins’ Twitter account, where he tweeted misspelled nonsense, malapropisms, Colemanballs and ‘inside’ information that had actually been picked up second-, third- and fourth-hand from around the internet.
Chang became so concerned about ‘perspiring journalist’ Jenkins, who described himself as a member of the blogging ‘paternity’, that he met Cummins in a Manchester restaurant on 22 August and asked Cummins to tweet as Jenkins that a) ‘Jenkins’ was not real; b) ‘Jenkins’ had no club mole.
Cummins detailed the meeting and the aftermath in an explosive blog post on 12 October, in which he outlined a series of accusations against Chang, including that Chang had effectively threatened to ban him from games by cancelling his shared season ticket.
The full extent of Chang’s alleged threats is detailed in the blog (linked here).
Sportingintelligence has established beyond doubt that the meeting took place; that all the tweets and emails within the blog are genuine; and that Liverpool have seen evidence of the above.
Ayre met Cummins in person in Liverpool last week to hear Cummins’ side of the story. Ayre held a second meeting with Cummins in Liverpool today, when he handed over a letter of apology.
Ayre writes in the letter: “Based on everything I have heard and seen, including information provided by the parties involved in the matter, I acknowledge some of the elements you highlight were not appropriate …
“I would therefore like to apologise to you on behalf of Liverpool FC, for any upset and distress this caused you.
“Clearly it is not appropriate for me to comment on how the club is managing this internally, and I trust you understand this.”
Liverpool have declined to comment on what disciplinary action, if any, Chang might now face.
Sources say that Liverpool’s chairman Tom Werner has already rebuked Chang, privately and verbally, for his meeting with Cummins and the way he handled its aftermath, but Chang has declined to comment on this – or provide any public account of his version of events.
Asked on 12 October whether Cummins’ blog was a faithful account of their meeting on 22 August, Chang emailed to say: ‘No, it’s total nonsense’.
He declined to respond to follow-up emails which asked for clarification about what actually happened.
It has subsequently been proved beyond doubt via CCTV footage, emails, texts and phone records that every part of Cummins’ story that it is possible to verify using that evidence has been verified.
What nobody will ever be able to verify is precisely what Chang said to Cummins during a 1 hour, 46-minute lunch on 22 August (right), but Cummins feels vindicated with the apology and acknowledgement that his concerns were genuine.
“As a Liverpool supporter, I fully appreciate that our great club has got a lot more serious issues to handle than what a spoof character was writing on Twitter,” Cummins has told Sportingintelligence this afternoon.
“It was never, ever my intention to distract from those issues, and I was shocked and surprised things unfolded as they have done, over a made-up character who was always clearly trivial.
“All I ever wanted was an apology and I got one in writing today.”

Back
Top Bottom