DX10 Games & Broken Promises...

Associate
We have all bought these Brand New 8800's GTS's, GTX's and now the Ultra's have been released, with DX10 cards been made available starting back in late November 2006, with promises of "BIG" DX10 game titles and next generation graphics, what has happened ???? Almost nine months later and still no DX10 games to grace our cards :( Software developers constantly printing glossy screen shots on whats coming up which is getting very boring, and then anouncements of delays, there favorite quote " When its done its done" I get the feeling we've been done :eek: The only saving grace if there is one, is that owning an 8800, is knowing that it holds the crown of being the worlds most expensive DX9 graphics card, and its there sitting in our PC's wondering what the hell's going on.. Has anyone got news to enlighten us 8800 owners... ;) DX10 " where are you"

Last edited:
Soldato
good point, even though i'm not using my 8800 for dx10 though i still feel i'm getting my money's worth from it for high end dx9 games, can run most games on max settings

Suspended
There are a few games out now with DX10 patches, there are a couple of playable DX10 demos that are pretty awesome (Lost Planet).

Also its a 8800 Ultra (not GTX Ultra).

Soldato
It's not MS's fault nor the GFX card manufacturers fault, they don't make the games, they've promissed DX10 and delivered. 8800s and 2900s still run DX9 very well and much better than previous gen cards so I don't the we've been "ripped off".

Associate
OP
weringo said:
It's not MS's fault nor the GFX card manufacturers fault, they don't make the games, they've promissed DX10 and delivered. 8800s and 2900s still run DX9 very well and much better than previous gen cards so I don't the we've been "ripped off".
What DX10 games have been promised and delivered ?

Associate
OP
Steedie said:
He was talking about DX10 itself, and Microsoft releasing it like they said, and the card manufacturers releasing the cards, like they said
The thread wasn't about the graphics card manufacturers, is about all the DX10 "Game" releases that were promised through software companys in conjunction with the 8800's release, the fact we are now nine months on from the initial release of these cards, and still no retail DX10 games to run on them as initially advertised is extremely poor.

Don
BFG_9000 said:
The thread wasn't about the graphics card manufacturers, is about all the DX10 "Game" releases that were promised through software companys in conjunction with the 8800's release, the fact we are now nine months on from the initial release of these cards, and still no retail DX10 games to run on them as initially advertised is extremely poor.

I don't particularly remember any studios saying they would be releasing DX10 games (certainly big name games) with the release of the 8800 series cards.

Jokester

Soldato
BFG_9000 said:
Link to "promises" please.

Soldato
Vista hasn't been as successful as Microsoft and the hardware developers believed it would be (for various reasons). At the moment there is no rush for game developers to concentrate on DX10-only games though we will see games coming "soon".

For now just be happy that you've got a very fast DirectX 9 card that will support DX10 games when they eventually come out.

Associate
I bought my 8800 purely for dx9 games.
there is no point thinking it will be anything other than the fastest dx9 card around.
lets face it, it's taken long enough for the full dx9c effects to be implemented in games and even then it takes an 8800 to actually play then to the max.
realistically speaking dx10 games are a way off and we'll all be on newer cards by then anyway.

Soldato
neocon said:
game developers are too busy with consoles

go buy a console and enjoy lots of games
really?
why is it that every console player I talked to recently was moaning about the lack of new games for the xbox, PS3 and wii?

Soldato
VeNT said:
really?
why is it that every console player I talked to recently was moaning about the lack of new games for the xbox, PS3 and wii?

Highly true.

Even if someone walked up to me right now and said "you can have 2 new 360 releases from the past few months" I wouldn't really know which to pick.

All systems have been low on software at the moment, my friends that own a Wii are complaining too, saying there is literally nothing that has been coming out.

Soldato
I would have thought the Xbox owners would have been playing Forza.
I think the majority of people who own 8800's and now 2900's bought them because they are powerhouses for the current DX9 games. They are the best available and allow for some awesome resolutions.
The fact that they are DX10 cards is irrelevant really, surely you would have done a bit of research before spending that much on a graphics card? Hmm, no DX10 games coming out for awhile... Ah well time to upgrade to DX10...

Back
Top Bottom