E-commerce for JS developer

Associate
Hi I was wondering if anyone knew of any off the shelf e-commerce solutions for a JS developer. I have looked at potentially learning wordpress / woo-commerce but thought it might be quicker to get up and running to stick to what I know. Whats the most time effective thing to do ? (I am building this site for myself to test an idea ) thanks

Soldato
Considering JS is client side I'm not sure if you'll get an "solution" that's pure JS...

I think you're looking for something that doesn't exist. If you're a JS developer you should know that JS is purely front end so inevitably you need server side code to actually do all the extra stuff (keeping a basket, checking stock, maintaining prices, checkout process)

As such, Wordpress and Woo-Commerce (while it isn't you only option) are likely your best bet.

Ninja edit: actually, what am I thinking, I suppose you could have something written in node.js or something...

/me googles....

Yup - https://reactioncommerce.com/ !

Caporegime
JS is not just client side anymore. Node.js is a thing.

Also with MVVM frameworks like React, Vue, Angular, etc and the complexity and popularity of single page applications, this is a valid question to ask even if only concerned with client side.

The answer to which I do not know :)

Back
Top Bottom