• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

E6320 & E6420... :D

Soldato
Just noticed that you can now pre-order the 6320 & 6420 CPU's and they are cheaper than the 6300 & 6400 respectivley. Obviously I can' say where they are but this is exactly what i have been waiting for.

E6420 and an Asus P5B Deluxe/Wifi - with 2GB of Corsair XMS2 PC6400 4-4-4-12, for under £350 inc. VAT :D

Question however are the new chips just a lower multiplier conroe or do they have a new stepping out etc?

Hoping to get at least 3.2GHz using a Sythe Ninja+ and zero noise.

Anyone else gonna order these?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Lolcb said:

Good guess but you're wrong :p

I am just happy to see that these are gonna be available on the official launch day and not weeks afterwards.

Oh and I am gonna stick with that board unless anyone on here know of a better board with same features, stability and OC headroom for the same or less money?

Soldato
OP
Ok I'll keep this simple :-

All Core 2 Duo's are created equal apart from the amount of L2 cache. So anything with 4MB in a Conroe and anything with 2MB is an Allendale.

Therefore the new chips are full Conroe CPU's

Simple enough for ya?

Soldato
OP
So back to what I said. The only thing I missed out to keep things simple was the lack of VT.

Conroe = 4MB L2 Cache inc VT
Allendale = 2MB L2 Cache no VT

Otherwise they are the SAME!

So why the hell did I bother to keep it simple if people want to over complicate things for those that cannot undersand the difference already.

Soldato
OP
FatRakoon said:
No, the question is, that you yourself say the Allendale =2MB

But what about the 4MB allendales then?

:D

You missed my point entirley. The biggest difference is the cache and that is what most people associate the difference of say a 6300 to a 6600 other than clock speed, most people will never use VT and thus I did not feel the need to mention it.

So if you ignore VT, as most people will.. then you have a conroe chip.

You are getting over involved in something you could keep very simple, do you want 4MB or 2MB L2 cache do you really give a dog's droppings if it has VT?

Why do people always feel the need to make things more difficult than they are :(

maGz said:
is it worth the extra tenner to buy an e6420 over an e6400?

And, it's not an extra tenner, prices I have are lower than the 6400's by about £3.

Soldato
OP
Robbie G said:
Journey - you are an idiot. Read Nathan's [useful] post. Conroes do not all have 4Mb cache.

Personal insults are not welcome on these forums. If you missed what I read I was trying to highlight the simple difference, for those that have no use or interest in V.T.

Fair enough the 'Allendale' will have 4MB and the 'Conroe' will have 4MB so the differnce is VT or not VT. I cannot see why you feel the need to call someone an idiot over this.

Soldato
OP
Robbie G said:
Neither, from what I can gather, are arrogant misstatements...

Quote from you: "Why do people always feel the need to make things more difficult than they are"

In response I'd say - why do people feel the need to take an arsey tone when they are in fact totally wrong? :)

I'd love to know how you make text have a tone. If you RE-READ what I said, I simply was pointing out that people tend to feel the need to over complicate things when in most cases a very simple answer will suffice.

A bit like what you are doing now :) I'd also like to clarify the word totally means everything, so you saying absolutley everything I wrote was wrong?

On a brighter note and nothing to do with any of this rubbish my 6420 was ordered today :) Missed the next day delivery so I'll get it for Friday will post results Sat/Sun when I get time off work to play with it,

Soldato
OP
Robbie G said:
Really? It's called prose. Did you skip English classes? ;)

I don't think I skipped class, slept loads though. I always thought prose was a more descriptive way of writing poetry with less emphasis on rhyme and meter.

Since this is a public forum I was writing what I wanted to say in the easiest fashion that needed no interpratation other than to know what the words mean.

Back
Top Bottom