• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

e6420

Associate
I think the reason no-one has replied yet is that no-one actually knows the answear.

There is speculation and intel's time plan, however that does not mean they will actually be in stock here.

As for price, there are plenty of links around on that to, not sure off the top of my head but plenty of threads about it.

Caporegime
There is also the E6320 out soon/out in some shops.

They are the same as the E6300 but with a 4mb L2 cache. :D

Think ill sell my E6300 and get one of them. Use my watercooling to clock it higher than a X6800, jobs a good en.

Associate
OP
great help hehe :D

i seen them available on other sites but am just waiting ocuk get them in soon ;) , only diff is this comes with 4MB L2 Cache , am thinking of buying e6600 its low price £178 :p

Caporegime
michael86468 said:

They're all excellent. The Tuniq is the only one to come with a fan, but its not that quiet iirc.

Associate
Thermalright is supposedly the best, but requires a fan.

That said the TT fan sounds like an airplane on full, so you may need a new one there too (although I didnt notice a big difference in temperature lowering the speed).

C64

C64

Soldato
Think i'll wait to see what temps people get on them before rushing in.
Knowing intel they could well be concave or run hotter than 4300/6300/6400.
I really dont see any point anyone swapping from a 4300/6300/6400
to any of these unless they do a lot of encoding what else is used buy the 4mb cache then?

C64

C64

Soldato
fen739 said:
Thermalright is supposedly the best, but requires a fan.

That said the TT fan sounds like an airplane on full, so you may need a new one there too (although I didnt notice a big difference in temperature lowering the speed).
I've always found that puzzling as to my ears tuniq on full isnt that annoying
or loud i guess depends if your used to a silent pc and what case you have.

Caporegime
Presumably OcUK are trying to shift as many 6x00s before they list the 6x20s, as when they start selling the latter they will have to drop the prices on the former and will therefore make a lower GP on each unit. My guess is that they already have the xx20s in stock and are holding off, but I could be completey wrong as holding stock also costs money!

Permabanned
Robbie G said:
Presumably OcUK are trying to shift as many 6x00s before they list the 6x20s, as when they start selling the latter they will have to drop the prices on the former and will therefore make a lower GP on each unit. My guess is that they already have the xx20s in stock and are holding off, but I could be completey wrong as holding stock also costs money!

Your right mate. Got a good business mind, :D Who the hell is going to buy an E6*** chip for £xxx amount of money when an E6*20 is around the same price. If they reduce the prices of the old stock they will lose money and if they dont then they will lose business when people go elsewhere for their super duper chip.

Its a pickle no doubt about it! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom