• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

E6600 Clocking Question?

Associate
Spec in sig.....

I've now tried everything and the max I can get out of my Conroe is 3.36ghz...

Max is:

Cpu Multi @ 8x
Bus spd @ 420mhz

= 3.36ghz

or

CPU Multi @ 9x
Bus spd @ 365mhz

Other settings are:

Vcore @ 1.45v
Vdimm @ 2.2v
MCH @ + 0.1v
FSB @ + 0.1v

Idle @ 28deg

Upping the vcore does nothing, tried it all the way up to 1.575v with no clocking difference.

Upping the MCH or FSB voltages any further just results in having to reset the bios again.

Slack timings @ 5-5-5-15
Stock is 4-4-4-12 but some people have had this ram running @ 3-4-3-9 @ 400mhz (which mine won't do)

Any ideas???

Personally I think it's this motherboard, limiting me. Be very suprised if the CPU is maxed!

Last edited:
Not sounding too good....you say slack timings C5 have you tried with C4 also and try the 7x multi?....to see if you can get higher fsb than the previous 8x420....and if it leads you to the same o/c result again but with higher fsb....then it would seem to me cpu.

vocch said:
Not sounding too good....you say slack timings C5 have you tried with C4 also and try the 7x multi?....to see if you can get higher fsb than the previous 8x420....and if it leads you to the same o/c result again but with higher fsb....then it would seem to me cpu.

All the above clocks will work the same with C4 settings, but I was gonna try 7x or 6x multis this weekend.

What bios you using now btw?

Last edited:
Monstermunch:

You might want to try more voltage on your Ram, the Geil PC6400 Ultra Cas4 Ram range of voltage is from 1.8-2.3v without any impairment to warranty. :)

Monstermunch said:
I don't mean the voltage coming out of my PSU.... I meant the way the motherboard handles the power!

My PSU is fine - Enermax Liberty 500w

Oh!...right lol....it's just i've never heard of this 12v rail problem....although speedfan gives an abnormal reading.....but got to say could'nt have asked for a better board as used an E6300,E6400 and an E6600 without any o/c problems and have seen a max of 512fsb out of it. :D

Im having much the same problem as you monstermunch but my set up seems to be maxing out at a much lower speed (2.8ghz)

Ive tried every conceivable voltage on the chip, ram, FBS and MCH and nothing seems to work. Ive had a new mobo and i still get the same problems and ive tried my ram in my mates pc and it quite happily clocks up to 900mhz.

The most i seem to be able to get at the moment is 312x9 or 350x8 which are both 2.8ghz. Couldn’t even get it orthos stable @ 3ghz with 1.5Vcore

The only thing I could put it down to now is that ive managed to get lumbered with one of the only conroe’s out there that doesn’t like to clock

wolvotim said:
Im having much the same problem as you monstermunch but my set up seems to be maxing out at a much lower speed (2.8ghz)

Ive tried every conceivable voltage on the chip, ram, FBS and MCH and nothing seems to work. Ive had a new mobo and i still get the same problems and ive tried my ram in my mates pc and it quite happily clocks up to 900mhz.

The most i seem to be able to get at the moment is 312x9 or 350x8 which are both 2.8ghz. Couldn’t even get it orthos stable @ 3ghz with 1.5Vcore

The only thing I could put it down to now is that ive managed to get lumbered with one of the only conroe’s out there that doesn’t like to clock
Either that or a duff mobo, can only be one or the other really

wolvotim said:
Well im on my second DS4 and im get exactly the same problems

I'm on my second as well, after eventually getting someone to test it with a C2D and finding that it wouldn't work at all!

Tjhink i'm gonna get a P5B deluxe or a P5WDH instead and flog this GIGACRAP on fleabay

Back
Top Bottom