• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

E6600 Max Temp in TAT

Associate
Hi my E6600 is running at 3.26 Ghz @1.4v 55oC idle and goes up to 65+ at full load (in TAT). Is this ok? Can I Push it further? what would be the maximum safe temp in TAT. Cheers for any help

Associate
Personally I would say that is too high, 40-45c idle and 55-60 under load is about the max I would go for. The main reason being (asuming) your from UK the temp will increase during the summer months so you will be looking at 70+ which could cause stability problems.

My E6600 runs around those temps although it is lower due to having side of the case off and runs stable at 1.33v at 3200mhz. I use AC7 pro and some AS5 paste.

Soldato
JackBauer:

I would think the type of cooler you are using is going to make a difference, also if it is seated correctly or not on the CPU.

I use a Tuniq Tower 120mm, E6600 @3.2GHz (1.190v as shown in CPU-Z) idle 31-37c, full load 44-49c (using Core Temp and depending on room temp).

I think it may be best to try and reduce your temps a bit. :)

Back
Top Bottom