• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

e6600 OEM

Associate
no problems at all with OEM cpus. Got my e6300 last august on release day, never been a problem with it. The only downside is that you get a 1 year warranty instead of a 3 year warranty.

Rob H

Soldato
OP
Super Tigers said:
no problems at all with OEM cpus. Got my e6300 last august on release day, never been a problem with it. The only downside is that you get a 1 year warranty instead of a 3 year warranty.

Rob H

Did you get a manual with yours, iam not up to speed with all this yet! What heatsink and fan did you get, I think a stock one would be fine for me.

Soldato
You dont get a heatsink with an OEM
Just the CPU itself (usually without any paperwork also - but check with people who have actualy bought these oem cpus)

Associate
Just buy a retail version if your unsure, they cost very little more plus you will get the manual and the fan and the most important thing the warranty is longer

Associate
Elmer said:
Do Overclockers still do oem processors? They all seem to be retail nowadays on the site.

Not for core 2 duo's for some reason. I'm guessing the price difference between them and oem is tiny, so they choose just to stick with the retail. AFAIK the original CPU's sold from OCUK were OEM though.

OEM's normally just come in protective packaging, not normally even paperwork (the old ones would sometimes come with something saying "warning, don't crush core, or don't bend pins")

Retail's also normally come with a badge too! :D

Associate
i bought an OEM chip before, not from here, but from another place, and it came in a small little box with foam, half battered but in a paper envelope, hmm still using it now and working fine.. at least the chip was fine :D

Back
Top Bottom