• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

E6600 -v-E6700

Soldato
if you are not going to be overclocking then you will find the E6700 is slightly faster at stock not that you would notice much of a difference....

Bang for buck I would certainly go for E6600 ....

Soldato
Not really...

The higher multiplier gives you more flexibility I guess, but most decent DDR2 will run at 800mhz so even if you push your e6600 to 3.6Ghz you won't really be held back by the memory/fsb speed.

There doesn't seem to be anything to suggest the 6700s are clocking any better than the 6600s. A lot more people with the 6800 have been hitting 4Ghz than with 66/6700s, so I guess intel are just taking the best chips as 6800s and binning the rest down to meet demand - safe in the knowledge that all their chips will work at the required speed.

Soldato
Admiral Huddy said:
What settings you changing to get that FSB up to 400Mhz (800MHz effective).

On my PW5 DH:

Increase MCH voltage to 1.6v
Up fsb to 400 (of course)
Up vcore to 1.45v
Up vDIMM to 2.2v
Disable hyperpath 3
Enable memory timings by SPD (I hate having to use this, but can't get past 370fsb otherwise, whatever timings I put).

If I were you I would wait another 10 days or so and get on of nvidia's new boards instead.

Back
Top Bottom