e7500 stable but safe?

Soldato
Hi, just wondered if you guys think this looks long term safe considering the vcore and the temp.
Max recommended vcore is 1.36, and I just worry about the temps before I leave it testing all night.
I know I sound a bit of a pussy but I've only really tinkered before.
Cheers.

Associate
What cooling are you using? I ran my E5200 at 1.37v for ages, it was perfectly fine. 1.45 is absolute max on those chips, a bit over 1.36 wont matter too much. I would say that if those are load temps, good going, if they are idle temps, you need a better cooler to maintain its life.

Soldato
OP
Those are load temps with 2*prime95 running.

Just a cheap Akasa AK 965, 120mm Yate Loon front and rear and 80mm Hiper side fan for cooling.

Just wondered what safe temps and voltages are for the chip really. Mind you, with vcore set to auto in bios the processor was being fed 1.38v at 3.3Ghz :eek:.

Associate
That's A very nice overclock mate;)

I can`t even get mine stable at 4GHz.

My e7500 chip will only do no more than 3.9GHz and that's with my vcore set very high, just above 1.4 with load line calibration enabled.

I was wondering, what's your chips default VID??? You can find out by using CoreTemp.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Everything is on this screenie.

I didn't run this all night yet, but it seems stable running Prime95 over half an hour so far.
What is your vid? And what seems like the average? And does having a high vid mean you can push the vcore a little more?
Is 61 degrees OK long term?
Is this too many questions?

Permabanned
My 45nm Wolfdale based Pentium Dual Core E6300 is at 1.64Vcore :D

1.45v is the max rated for 45nm Intel chips so as long as you stay below and you can keep your temps in check you'll be fine :D

Prime95 will heat up your chip more then any game will so you can perhaps take 15-10 degrees of the load temps you get with Prime95 to give you a rough idea of what it will be running at when running normal games and applications :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom