EA boots Linux gamers

Soldato
Can't really complain can you, it's not sold as working with Linux, in fact it specifically says Windows as a requirement.

Soldato
Actively going out of their way to ban people instead of just "not supporting" seems to me to be particularly malicious, unless there is some circumventing of DRM or anything else naughty involved.

Soldato
People should be boycotting EA regardless of this. They are about as cancerous to the video gaming industry as it's possible to be - anti consumer, pushing gambling on children and buying up popular franchises only to wreck them and close them down.

Man of Honour
My opinion on this has flip flopped a bit. At first I was annoyed at thier position until I thought about it further. It's detecting a non standard library and so is assuming a cheat. In that circumstance a ban is reasonable.

But then I flipped again and I am not sure why a check couldn't be put in place and the gane just not start under Linux, rather than banning the user.

Associate
I'm not much of a PC gamer although I do like my retro games like Theme Park, Lemmings & Tetris but I don't think that counts for modern gaming. I've always wondered if there would be a difference is graphics performance, frame rates etc between Linux and Windows for modern games like GTA5.

Back
Top Bottom