EA launch monthly subscription service for Xbox One

Caporegime
I didnt say that anywhere at all.
Here you go:
Sony using 4 The Player as a cop out for a lot of things it seems, clearly they dont have the players in mind at all from stopping it being an option, jsut cause they know they pumped so much money into their streaming rental service.
Why didnt Sony offer the service and let "the gamers" decide then? I was comparing it on price
As I said earlier there's little reason to take this service at face value with the little we know

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
umm, what has that got to do with what you said.

"Its not like somehow Ive lost access to EA games/DLC now is it?"

I didnt say that at all, its the same thing I said over and now over again, the option you is not their as Sony deemed it so, hows that in the gamers interest.

I never said they stopped you playing the game at all.

Caporegime
Honestly dude I've explained it previously regards your tenuous link between how Sony not offering this service somehow is a juxtaposition to their '4theplayers' marketing.

Soldato
TBH I would rather the games industry didn't move in this direction. If successful, you could require Activition, Ubisoft etc subs down the line as others move to this type of service. This seems like the obvious move since they can't force their Origin service on console gamers.

Soldato
Not really, they are using it as they said its in the gamers best interest that they dont offer this to them.

Hows that working in best for you.

Its a consumer option, its their and costs you nothing to have it as an option, so its more clear Sony doesn't really care about that and are just hedging their bets that a streaming service in PS Now will entice more people to it, with prices they must surly have to look at again.

IOts bad PR on their part, they would have done better to say nothing at all.

Its been a pretty big backlash all saying te same thing, that Sony are trying to pass this off as best for "its gamers" and that they are jsut thinking of them using the same slogan.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Not really because where you see this as a positive move by EA others see it anything but, its unreasonable to think one or other til we get some decent information on the service.

Considering Sony probably had that when they made the decision means they are likely more informed than us. When it comes to EA I'm just going to see the glass half empty - it would be nice to be proven wrong.

The PR talking point for me is more to do with how Sony have publicly said 'No' than them saying 'No' on their customers behalf.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The service can be judged really, its £20 a year and so far gets you Madden/FIFA/BF4/Peggle and 10% off future purchases which for many of us is well worth (especially those going digital).

I'm incredibly annoyed Sony have decided this shouldn't be allowed on PS4 to 'protect' me from the poor value of money it offers, yet as others have pointed out look at the hilarious prices on PS Now in comparison

Soldato
Not really because where you see this as a positive move by EA others see it anything but, its unreasonable to think one or other til we get some decent information on the service.

Considering Sony probably had that when they made the decision means they are likely more informed than us. When it comes to EA I'm just going to see the glass half empty - it would be nice to be proven wrong.

The PR talking point for me is more to do with how Sony have publicly said 'No' than them saying 'No' on their customers behalf.

Your not being forced to pay anything, nothign else or what way you pay for games is affected, Sony jsut assumes it knows whats best for you and dont let the consumers decide.

Their entire argument is them pretending like they care.

" PlayStation customers have come to expect"

"asking our fans to pay an additional $5 a month for this EA-specific program represents good value to the PlayStation gamer"

"We evaluated the EA Access subscription offering and decided that it does not bring the kind of value PlayStation customers have come to expect,"

Reads like utter BS to me.

Associate
I personally don't like the idea of publisher specific rental schemes and I think like others have said you can imagine Ubisoft or others following suit. That said I can see the appeal and Sony PR statement is just another example of how bad the comm/PR/media teams are at these console manufacturers sometimes. All they needed to do was state was they are not offering it at this time and they believe in PS+ etc. if they weren't going to state the real reasons.

Aside from the obvious they don't want a competitor on their consoles, I can only think there's more to this story - like increased cost for Sony (maybe MS are lower royalty costs, partly funding or providing servers/infrastructure for this deal) and they had to make a choice.

I just think it's a shame that publishers haven't come together and done a Netflix or Spotify play all you can for a reasonable cost per month. I would pay to access a library of old PC, PS1/2, Xbox or Nintendo games.

As it stands their greed means I'm currently unlikely to subscribe or spend money on the likes of PS Now, EA Access etc.

Soldato
I just had a play with the app, it's a very simple interface and you can filter the Vault to show all, purchased and vault games.

The Vault games obviously being BF4, FIFA 14, Madden and Peggle 2

The other games which are linked for discount are UFC, LBA Live, NFS Rivals and Pland & Zombies

NFS Rivals is showing at £54.99 but I assume I'd get that for £50 with the discount, you can get this for £30'ish retail so not really worth it.

The only thing that appeals to me is being able to play 5 days early, on games like BF when gear etc can make a difference this would give an advantage over people who wait for release date.

At the end of the day it's £19.99 a year or £3.99 a month, I'd pay £19.99 for early access every year but really don't like having to do it this way.. Pity MS and EA didn't just come to an agreement and give the game as part of GOLD.. considering Sony have been giving great/new'ish games with PSN+ for ages.

Associate
Although the current MS offerings over Games with Gold have been getting much better recently. There's starting to be a level of parity in the titles being offered.

Soldato
Yeah, I mean £20 for Fifa 14, Madden 25 and Battlefield 4.

WAAAAAAAAY OVERPRICED.

They are anticipating you will buy Premium on BF4 etc, easy to see their revenue accumulation model.

Not particularly exciting.

I expect most games that end up in the vault will have a decent amount of DLC available all at 10% discount prices.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You can always tell if MS have done something nice when ps3ud0 is trying his best to belittle it and defend Sony :D
Oh darling you must be feeling irrelevant? Must be hard being a fanboy without a purpose or bone to hang on to...

Last edited:
Permabanned
Its suprising how many people are getting behind EA here and giving them the benefit of the doubt when they will nickle and dime you at any cost (usually yours).

Backing this now is opening us up to yet another small cost in the future so it will be-buy the game,xbox live/psn and EA subs. Once its out you know the rest will follow

Last edited:
Soldato
Its suprising how many people are getting behind EA here and giving them the benefit of the doubt when they will nickle and dime you at any cost (usually yours).

Backing this now is opening us up to yet another small cost in the future so it will be-buy the game,xbox live/psn and EA subs. Once its out you know the rest will follow

Its fair enough to question EAs motives.

If weld look at pricing though, why does this get such a hard time, yet PS Now for a steaming rental service didn't come under the same hate for their Looney pricing. If anything you should welcome that a Publisher would under cut PS Now so much.

Soldato
Its fair enough to question EAs motives.

If weld look at pricing though, why does this get such a hard time, yet PS Now for a steaming rental service didn't come under the same hate for their Looney pricing. If anything you should welcome that a Publisher would under cut PS Now so much.

PS Now will have its position and more than 3 games hopefully, I can't see myself using that service either though.

You can always tell if MS have done something nice when ps3ud0 is trying his best to belittle it and defend Sony :D

MS haven't done anything "nice." They have got themselves in a position where they can't really argue with anything.

Associate
can you guys clear something up to the best of your ability for me please, on the site it reads

If you’re an EA Access member, you can download upcoming EA games five days before the release date to play for a limited time. Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15 and Dragon Age: Inquisition are all included, with more to come. If you love it, buy it, and you can pick up right where you left off.

Why does it say to buy it when you already have the membership to access it early shouldn't you be getting it inclusive of the £3.99 a month?

Associate
No wait I have answered my own question, i'll be giving this a miss, isn't as good as it looks apparently

and (3) access to a limited library of certain EA Content (“Vault Title(s)”) for unlimited online play (“Vault Access”) for the duration of their availability in the Vault. Limitations and exclusions may apply

So you can only play the games currently in the vault while they are in the vault... no thanks

Back
Top Bottom