** EA Pre-Order Pricing - Mass Effect 3**

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Hi Guys

we have had our pre order pricing confirmed for Mass Effect and Need for Speed 'The Run' today.

These prices are very competitive and are live on the website now.

Stock will arrive with us a few days before release and will arrive with you on release day ;)

If you qualify for free shipping on your forum account, you will be able to use courier tracking to check the location of your game in real-time too

Mass Effect 3 - PC @ £29.04 inc VAT

CO-016-OK_400.jpg

Not everyone will survive. An ancient alien race, known only as “Reapers”, has launched an all-out invasion leaving nothing but a trail of destruction in their wake. Earth has been taken, the galaxy is on the verge of total annihilation, and you are the only one who can stop them. The price of failure is extinction.

You are Commander Shepard, a character that you can forge in your own image. You determine how events will play out, which planets to explore, and whom to form alliances with as you rally a force to eliminate the Reaper threat once and for all.

How you wage this war is completely up to you: go into combat with guns blazing or use cover to plan a more tactical assault. Utilize your squad to full effect or take a lone wolf approach. Rain death from a distance or go toe–to-toe with enemies using devastating melee attacks. Mass Effect 3 will react to each decision you make as you play through a truly unique experience of your own creation.

Features:

- A rich, branching storyline: Experience a sci-fi epic with multiple endings determined by your choices and actions throughout the game.

- Massive in scope: Battle on many worlds across the galaxy as you unite the ultimate force to take back the Earth before it’s too late.

- Large-scale and intelligent enemies: Battle enormous enemies and take on a smarter type of foe that will consistently challenge your best combat tactics and put you on the edge of your seat.

- Unlock a customizable arsenal: Tailor each weapon with devastating upgrades including scopes, grips, barrels and dozens of other unique attachments. Each weapon boasts its own powerful impact and visual flair.

- Unleash death from afar or go toe-to-toe: Customize your soldier and squad to engage the enemy on your terms. A huge variety of weapons, abilities and equipment allow you to combat the enemy in your preferred style of play.

Was [OLDPRICE] Inc. VAT

Only £29.04 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Need For Speed The Run - PC @ £29.04 inc VAT

CO-017-OK_400.jpg

It’s called The Run. An illicit, high-stakes race across the country. The only way to get your life back is to be the first from San Francisco to New York. No speed limits. No rules. No allies. All you have are your driving skills and sheer determination as you battle hundreds of the world’s most notorious drivers on the country’s most dangerous roads. In Need for Speed The Run, you’ll weave through dense urban centers, rocket down icy mountain passes and navigate narrow canyons at breakneck speeds, all the while evading a relentless police force prepared – and willing – to use lethal force to take you down.

Only £29.04 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Rjkoneill, do you like being kissed?

depends whos asking? what a random comment :confused:

Good price for what will hopefully be an awesome end for the ME trilogy. :)

indeed, I am really excited for ME3
may even play through the first two again if I can.

Will you ever stock collectors editions of games?

we stock collectors editions if they are available
a few games are coming up with LE'd available. they will be listed when i am allowed :)

Soldato
Good price on ME3, and i would preorder it but tbh i would need to know about preorder bonuses and limited editions first. There are bound to be different versions with different content going by previous, recent EA/Bioware releases. That is the only thing stopping me preordering right now!

Soldato
Yeah almost all new games were about £17.99 some companies still charge high prices. Mostly retailers (shops in highstreet kinda thing) that does that tho. Most online places ok it might be 20-25 quid when released if it s a big title but usually drops to 17.99 ish after a few days or weeks.

I have never really payed more than 20 quid for a game except pre order of gta 4 which we all were getting so we all knew it would be a bit more than usual but i dont think it was anywhere near 30 quid i think i payed 24 for it.

These days its just steam sales. Got far too many games not played so not in a rush to pay stupid prices for pre-orders these days besides pre-orders are phasing out more i think as just aint worth it as its either buggy as hell or just not as good as you thought it be most of the time.

Man of Honour
I'd disagree that preorders are phasing out, if anything they seem to be more popular than ever, people are virtually queueing up to preorder and I'm forever reading posts on the forums about preordering this, that and the other. Going back 5+ years or more it wasn't so commonplace in the PC market, it mainly only seemed to be prevalent in the console world or at least only certain retailers (Gameplay is one that sticks in the mind), but now it has spread all over. Things like the ability to preload on digitial distribution services have likely boosted its popularity too.

I think I'm right in saying that the only game I've ever preordered was Bioshock and that was just because it was a good price and some fancy limited edition case (I didn't play it for months after receiving it anyway). Reasons being similar to those mentioned about having too many games to play I am in no great rush to lineup future purchases when I've already got a massive backlog to work through.

As for the £17.99 price point that was a fairly limited time when preordering was first starting to take off and various online retailers were having some sort of price war. I actually think Steam may have influenced the pricing somewhat as they nearly always charge "rip off" prices for new games i.e. at or close to RRP (e.g. £29.99+) so conventially retailers can put up prices in the mid £20s and look like the good guys.

Soldato
New release prices do seem to be creeping up a bit in PC gaming land. I'll be waiting this one out I think. I do love Mass Effect, but I'm keeping an eye on the monies.

There's also the benefit of everyone else doing the donkey work and finding out whether Bioware/EA have done a Dragon Age 2 again... :D

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
It was in jest to a perfect game price for Mass Effect: 3, considering i pre-ordered it when i saw it.

I think I have hit the pricing sweetspot for sure. the preorders have flooded in for this and N4S today which is really pleasing. Now I have control of the group properly I am focussing our games releases on PC only.
That's our market and that's where we shine.
Consoles would be great too but we just cant be as competitive as we can on PC games.

Glad to hear you like the pricing 'Wes :)

Great price for Mass Effect 3 cheaper than Origin can't wait for this, nice one Ocuk!

That's the intention, If we cant be very aggressive or at least compete with Digital Distribution then it really isn't worth us listing some titles. but obviously, I want OcUK the place where you consider buying your games as well as the hardware you use top play them on!

It wasn't that long ago when PC games were £17.99 new. In fact I pre ordered Batman: Arkham Asylum for £16.99 just a couple of years ago.

I see what you mean and whilst there are some games that launch at a similar price point to this, it does seem that with the rise of digital distribution, PC titles are launching at around the £29.99 mark.
We have to go along with the supplier pricing on most occasions so it really is upto the publishers to charge less.

In fairness, it is still cheaper to buy a boxed retail copy of most games than to buy its digital counterpart [even when most boxed games are simply an activation code for an on-line steam/origin account that comes with a backup of the software]. in my personal opinion as a gamer myself, I see this as a good thing as it means there is an option.

Personally I got half my steam works games much cheaper than official steam list price because I got retail boxes and activated the titles on my account. install off disk to save downloading and then put the disk in the blue bin outside :p

Associate
Er, is there a release date? If not, are we to pay for an untested and unrated product that will be released at some point in the future with an undisclosed set of bonus content which will work on an unspecified range of hardware?

Pre-order rant over, I've invested too much time into ME1&2 to not get 3 now though I'm loathe to pay £30 for a game these days. Steam's spoiled me.

Back
Top Bottom