EARC Hdmi question.

Soldato
2.1 won't do anything to improve sound.

Going from hdmi arc to hdmi earc will as it supports the latest high-bitrate audio formats up to 192kHz, 24-bit, and uncompressed 5.1 and 7.1, and 32-channel uncompressed audio. It also supports DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS:X, Dolby TrueHD Dolby Atmos although all these codec are found on disks and not streaming platforms. You will only get a max of Dolby Atmos dolby digital plus on streaming platforms.

Soldato
2.1 won't do anything to improve sound.

Going from hdmi arc to hdmi earc will as it supports the latest high-bitrate audio formats up to 192kHz, 24-bit, and uncompressed 5.1 and 7.1, and 32-channel uncompressed audio. It also supports DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS:X, Dolby TrueHD Dolby Atmos although all these codec are found on disks and not streaming platforms. You will only get a max of Dolby Atmos dolby digital plus on streaming platforms.

And I doubt you'll notice difference between lossy and lossless hd audio from movies on a crappy soundbar .

Regular full bitrate DTS lossy sounds superb on my decent AV pre power 9.2.4 system. I can tell difference between DD lossy and HD audio.

Soldato
And I doubt you'll notice difference between lossy and lossless hd audio from movies on a crappy soundbar .

Regular full bitrate DTS lossy sounds superb on my decent AV pre power 9.2.4 system. I can tell difference between DD lossy and HD audio.

Depends on the soundbar. The difference on my Sennheiser Ambeo you can definitely tell the difference.

Soldato
Has anyone ever gone from a bog standard HDMI to a higher spec one e.g. 2.1 high transfer and noticed any difference in sound?

This is in relation to sound bar to TV set up.

Why do you think or question that it would make a difference? Did you experience some different behaviour or some issue?

Back
Top Bottom