Earlyest 'Joined:'

Soldato
[FnG]magnolia;24699032 said:
It's always funny to see those with a 2002/3 join date but low post count 'contribute' to these threads.

Mr Mag, you snob! :eek:;):D

Now, Mr high-post-count, what section of the forum do you contribute to mostly? GD, I'd wager.

There is more to these forums than GD :D

Associate
I joined in 2001 and only post in threads asking when I joined.

My first post was about some Digitheatre speakers.

Although having a low post count I think I am on here just about everyday. I just like reading what people have to say but don't like just commenting on anything such as in "RIP" "IBTL" "LOL" etc. I hope it try to at least put a constructive sentence down.

Soldato
I was a member before the first wipe but didn't come back until I got out of my "Apple Mac" phase :)

I donated all of my post count once or twice I think, hence it being down at 6K, not fussed tbh as long as I have MM :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I remember wanting to sign up circa 2000/1, couldn't do so as it required a isp email.... details long lost.

Never heard of the place till my online fellow quaker refered me here to buy a decent mb to replace the crummy one id purchased elsewhere.

Thousands of pounds and eight years later...

Soldato
I wasn't a rebel, I had no idea I couldn't mention a competitor and both times I wasn't told why I was banned until I went up the shop and complained to Spie.
I was only after an IDE to SATA convertor.

2mpan2r.jpg

:p

Last edited:
Soldato
Blimey, since Sept 2001 apparently! I'm sure I had bought things from OcUK before that. Some names on the list on the first page are a blast from the past. Here's to the next 12 years!

Last edited:
Soldato
early 2000 before forum reset, when I built my first oced rig of a tbird 850@1 on a KT7A Raid mobo, and I can never forget my beloved panasonic slot DVD drive all housed in a global win 802 case.

Those were the days when 40gb HDD were north of £100 quid

Soldato
I joined up to show off my new PC I had built in Case Central, back when it was actually quite a busy sub forum. i think i pretty much only posted in there for a few years :D.

[FnG]magnolia;24699524 said:
To be more specific, I was talking about those with even fewer posts who only appear in this type of thread :)

I seem to remember someone making their first post from a 2002 account in one of these threads.

Soldato
back when i decided to build a PC for first time, found the webshop to buy parts then joined the forum just after.
didn't really know what forums were all about until this

Back
Top Bottom