Earthquake in Japan....9.0...ouch!

Soldato
It's trolling because it's retarded, there is no "very real possibility of a doomsday scenario". If you want to talk about that kind of garbage, make another thread so we can more easily ignore it.

It is not retarded and it is very real. No I will not create a new thread, when I believe it is extremely relevant, if only just for recognition and the briefest of contemplation of it.

Associate
It is not retarded and it is very real. No I will not create a new thread, when I believe it is extremely relevant, if only just for recognition and the briefest of contemplation of it.

i used to be on the side of religeous people, and still consider myself christian, and used to think it was all religeous bashing.. but for goodness sake man, natural disasters happen and have happened all the time, and for hundreds of years people have constantly crapped their pants and said "the end is nigh"... whether you believe this or not is not what the problem is, the problem is you preaching it to people, who hear this stuff on a daily basis... every earthquake, natural disaster, war is not a sign of christs coming.... because they have happened CONSTANTLY throughout history... i believe there are other signs, but this has no relevance to this thread.... you have to understand, right or wrong people get so sick of you quoting verses at them, its about as relevant, to them, as you quoting harry potter at them, its just words... and to be frank the words you are quoting, mathew 24 v 7 i presume amongst others are such loose verses that they could be considered relevant in so many countless years throughout history...

/rant over

Soldato
i used to be on the side of religeous people, and still consider myself christian, and used to think it was all religeous bashing.. but for goodness sake man, natural disasters happen and have happened all the time, and for hundreds of years people have constantly crapped their pants and said "the end is nigh"... whether you believe this or not is not what the problem is, the problem is you preaching it to people, who hear this stuff on a daily basis... every earthquake, natural disaster, war is not a sign of christs coming.... because they have happened CONSTANTLY throughout history... i believe there are other signs, but this has no relevance to this thread.... you have to understand, right or wrong people get so sick of you quoting verses at them, its about as relevant, to them, as you quoting harry potter at them, its just words... and to be frank the words you are quoting, mathew 24 v 7 i presume amongst others are such loose verses that they could be considered relevant in so many countless years throughout history...

/rant over

Never with this frequency in the last two thousand years./

Man of Honour
Why the need to insult people who think outside the box? your free to ignore them if you don't like what they are saying.

Soldato

Yeah, because we had detailed records dating back to the Romans. All printed out and archived nicely with little stickers and everything. Plus, those ancient Greek seismographs were well mega.

Admit it JMC, you're sitting at your Asda keyboard, naked except for a sandwich board with "The End is Nigh" on it and a confused expression.

Soldato

I don't think you're being serious now. :confused:

Natural disasters are natural occurrence and they happen in rather regular time periods. Neither earthquakes nor tsunamis are XXI century phenomena.

A disaster that killed 10,000 people in 1000 BC would be an equivalent to one that would kill 500,000-1,000,000 nowadays. It's only natural since we live in such dense and hugely populated societies.

It's amazing that even though catastrophe would probably wipe out half of the population in the past, modern countries are able to minimise the aftermath and protect their people. I'm sure Japanese will be able to get back to normal fairly soon.

Why the need to insult people who think outside the box? your free to ignore them if you don't like what they are saying.

I agree with Rroff on this one, no need to insult a person for their personal beliefs. It's a little inappropriate to talk about a doomsday whenever a natural disaster strikes civilization.

It's a tragedy that shouldn't be ridiculed upon. We're not living in middle ages after all.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
These things have a weird tendancy to go in groups, but its far from the worst set of disasters in terms of scale, IIRC around 65million years ago there was 2 major asteroid strikes and several major volcanic eruptions within a fairly short period the like of which has not been recorded since.

Soldato
we have more cameras

Wait... what? :eek:

EDIT: Oh, I see. Cameras - Thorpy. Thorpy - cameras. Makes perfect sense now.

These things have a weird tendancy to go in groups, but its far from the worst set of disasters in terms of scale, IIRC around 65million years ago there was 2 major asteroid strikes and several major volcanic eruptions within a fairly short period the like of which has not been recorded since.

Two asteroid strikes 65mil years ago?

Soldato
Yeah, because we had detailed records dating back to the Romans. All printed out and archived nicely with little stickers and everything. Plus, those ancient Greek seismographs were well mega.

Admit it JMC, you're sitting at your Asda keyboard, naked except for a sandwich board with "The End is Nigh" on it and a confused expression.

It is true. Do you really not believe the recent past earthquakes on earth, are not happening with the highest frequency in different places since the last two thousand years. It is common knowledge, believe it or not.
I don't think you're being serious now. :confused:

Natural disasters are natural occurrence and they happen in rather regular time periods. Neither earthquakes nor tsunamis are XXI century phenomena.

A disaster that killed 10,000 people in 1000 BC would be an equivalent to one that would kill 500,000-1,000,000 nowadays. It's only natural since we live in such dense and hugely populated societies.

It's amazing that even though catastrophe would probably wipe out half of the population in the past, modern countries are able to minimise the aftermath and protect their people. I'm sure Japanese will be able to get back to normal fairly soon.

I agree with Rroff on this one, no need to insult a person for their personal beliefs. It's a little inappropriate to talk about a doomsday whenever a natural disaster strikes civilization.

It's a tragedy that shouldn't be ridiculed upon. We're not living in middle ages after all.

I don't know what you are saying really, though thanks for the support.

Don't want to get Thorpy's goat up any more. :p

Fish? Is that from Bioshock?

God help everyone with the rescue event in Japan.

Last edited:
Soldato
It is true. Do you really not believe the recent past earthquakes on earth, are not happening with the highest frequency in different places since the last two thousand years. It is common knowledge, believe it or not.

Citation needed or GTFO :) back on topic

From the BBC
"The IAEA says it has been told by Japan that 140,000 people have been evacuated from areas around two nuclear plants"

I hope they get it all under control soon.

Soldato

You mean knowledge of commons?

It is a common knowledge that what's happening now is nothing uncommon. The earth hasn't stopped moving when humans populated it.

I don't know what you are saying really, though thanks for the support.

You're welcome.

Man of Honour
Wait... what? :eek:

EDIT: Oh, I see. Cameras - Thorpy. Thorpy - cameras. Makes perfect sense now.

Two asteroid strikes 65mil years ago?

Prolly a lot more in that time period in perspective against how long ago it was but 2 of the biggest impacts (not including the period ~4billion years ago when the earth was still somewhat in formation) are believed to be very close to each other back around 65 million years ago (one of them Chicxulub) both of which had ~350,000 more energy than the quake off Japan, so in terms of end of days it has quite a way to go yet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom