eBay dispute :) Advice wanted !

Permabanned
I've bought some laptop ram from eBay which doesn't work.

If I complete the PayPal disputed item form do I have to return the item by recorded post. I've heard that only courier is acceptable.

Perhaps I should just say I never recieved the memory. ( I have tried it on several computers and defo doesn't work ?)

:confused: :D ;)

(Oh yeah Dons please don't delete and if you're reading this can you reinstate my Member's Market status I only tried to sell one new computer once :rolleyes:)

Associate
Stephen7372 said:
Perhaps I should just say I never recieved the memory.

So you're happy to be a liar then?

Just go through the proper eBay/Paypal channels honestly, and use Recorded Delivery (as long as the level of insurance it provides is adequate for the item value) to send the item back.
It MUST be a form of post that is trackable online (so Paypal can verify the status).

Permabanned
If it was sent standard post with tracking number, do a chargeback. The reason being, that the item does not work.

If/when they do ask you to send the RAM back, send it back by Special Delivery - it's the only RM service I would trust to be delivered the next working day.

Soldato
Suggesting being dishonest with a seller and asking for your Members Market access back in the same post probably wasn't the best idea ever, but oh well.

Contact the seller, if they say "tough", start a PayPal dispute. It'll tell you want to do, you have to fill in some forms on the website saying what's wrong etc, then you'll have to send it back recorded delivery and give PayPal the tracking code (and IIRC, fax them a copy of the postage receipt) then you'll get the money back when the seller receives the item back.

Permabanned
OP
Phil99 said:
Suggesting being dishonest with a seller and asking for your Members Market access back in the same post probably wasn't the best idea ever, but oh well.

Contact the seller, if they say "tough", start a PayPal dispute. It'll tell you want to do, you have to fill in some forms on the website saying what's wrong etc, then you'll have to send it back recorded delivery and give PayPal the tracking code (and IIRC, fax them a copy of the postage receipt) then you'll get the money back when the seller receives the item back.

Is royal mail recorded delivery ok ?

Back
Top Bottom