Ebay help.

Associate
Heya people,

Im just ned to ebay and ive recently sold an item.

A person won the auction payed promptly through paypal and i sent the guy en email through ebay and i received the payment and i will post the item as soon as the money is safley in my account.

So today the money was in my account and i went to post the item but then i remembered i dont have his address?

How do i find out his postal address and such as he dont seem to be answering any emails?

Chris

Jet

Jet

Soldato
It will show you on the Paypal email saying you received the money.

It also shows you on the auction page if you click view payment details iirc.

Soldato
Freedom said:
Heya people,

A person won the auction payed promptly through paypal and i sent the guy en email through ebay and i received the payment and i will post the item as soon as the money is safley in my account.

So today the money was in my account and i went to post the item but then i remembered i dont have his address?

How do i find out his postal address and such as he dont seem to be answering any emails?

Chris

Should be on the paypal email you got telling you he had paid you, there will also be a way of trakcing it down via eBay itself, or the eBay email you got notifying you he had bought it.

M-M-M-M-MULTI-RESPONSE!!!! :D

Associate
Freedom said:
So my first positive feedback, Ill get used to Ebay eventually.

Don't count on it mate, just because you've kept up your end of the bargain doesn't mean you'll definately get +feedback (unless he's bizarrely given you feedback already, without even receiving the goods?)

Soldato
Freedom said:
Well he hasent left any feedback yet.

Dont see why i shouldnt get some + feedback.

Keep pestering them, you'll find some folks seem to disappear from the face of the planet once theyve sent/received something and dont think leaving feedback is important.

Associate
Freedom said:
Heya people,

Chris

Just out of interest did you wait until the money was in your Paypal account or actually in your bank account?

- As a seller who uses Paypal only, I personally wouldn't wait until the payment had reached my bank account (unless of course it cost a fortune to post and I didn't have the funds available)

Technically as soon as the payment hits your Paypal account it is yours, no-one can touch it. Just watch out if someone sends you an 'e-cheque' as these can take an age to clear, and like normal cheques, can be cancelled by the buyer prior to the payment clearing at your end.

Just be careful though as buyers are impatient, if you're forcing them to wait longer than is necessary then they may start hassling you - as it takes 3-5 banking days to move the funds from your Paypal account to your bank account

Associate
OP
iGiDK said:
Just out of interest did you wait until the money was in your Paypal account or actually in your bank account?

- As a seller who uses Paypal only, I personally wouldn't wait until the payment had reached my bank account (unless of course it cost a fortune to post and I didn't have the funds available)

Technically as soon as the payment hits your Paypal account it is yours, no-one can touch it. Just watch out if someone sends you an 'e-cheque' as these can take an age to clear, and like normal cheques, can be cancelled by the buyer prior to the payment clearing at your end.

Just be careful though as buyers are impatient, if you're forcing them to wait longer than is necessary then they may start hassling you - as it takes 3-5 banking days to move the funds from your Paypal account to your bank account

I waited till the funds were in my bank account before i sent the items.
I was advised by the smart people of OcUK to wait till the funds are in my account before sending the item :)

Associate
Freedom said:
Dont see why i shouldnt get some + feedback.

Sell on eBay long enough and you'll see what I mean.
For example, your buyer may be the sort who expects mail to take one working day only to get to him from the seller. He may also be the sort who doesn't communicate if there is a problem, he'll instead just fly straight in with a -feedback (even if the problem is at his own end).

Hopefully this is not such a case, i'm just saying that you can do everything 100% perfectly yet still get a bad response.

Associate
Freedom said:
I waited till the funds were in my bank account before i sent the items.
I was advised by the smart people of OcUK to wait till the funds are in my account before sending the item :)

Fair play to you sir for playing it safe

As I said though, buyers are impatient however as long as you state your terms clearly in an auction then there's no problem
... I wasn't having a go at you or anything just trying to offer some advice :D

Back
Top Bottom