ebay purchase/ using courier: v5 question

Associate
Am looking at uk privately advertised classic vehicle on ebay circa £1500-£2000K and will be using a vehicle courier for delivery i.e any van

Appreciate there are risks in not viewing the vehicle in person and transfer of funds etc however was wondering what the work around is regarding signing the sellers part of the v5 as my courier will be collecting the vehicle and not me.

Anyone had similar experience and can advise?

Soldato
Serious post?

This reads as being the opposite of what most of the scams on ebay run as. See if the seller will be willing to send the v5 with the vehicle to allow you to send it off once filled in.

Associate
OP
Serious post?

Yes Sir

Serious post?

This reads as being the opposite of what most of the scams on ebay run as. See if the seller will be willing to send the v5 with the vehicle to allow you to send it off once filled in.

Seller has good feedback for classic cars and scooters. As I'm not viewing I am of course reliant on the accuracy of the description/ images of the vehicle and extra information I request i.e. i would expect the seller to scan me a copy of the logbook with corresponding name address vin numbers etc.

The issue is the V5....buyer normally gets the new owner slip with seller sending off the signed V5 albeit I am not there to sign it.

......Courier to sign on my behalf?

Back
Top Bottom