Economic cars

Soldato
OP
Fuel costs going up and other bills skyrocketing. Need to look at cars that can do a good distance on fuel. Not everyone wants the 'In' car at the moment. Not everyone wants to have a fast car or one that can do 0-60 in a few 2nds!

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;20053708 said:
I'm not bothered what you are after as you are one of those 'IT REALLY MATTERS HOW MUCH MY CAR COSTS TO TAX!121333' types who obsesses about whether road is free of £30 but doesn't seem to care about depreciation. If you want cheap motoring the cheapest thing to do is not spend a 5 figure sum on a car. Cheap motoring is paying 200 quid a year to tax a £1k car.

I am, however, much more interested in claims of the Toyota Prius having 'excellent' acceleration, hence the discussion of performance.

I wouldnt be buying a new car. It would be 2nd hand anyway. Got a Renault Megane 06 plate at the mo. £30 car tax a year for a 1.5 diesel turbo. It is like a whippet on heat if i put my foot down but that doesnt bother me much these days.

Soldato
OP
My Megane does go very good for a big car. Very nippy but that is not a biggy as far as i am concerned.

Pity some of you are hung up on 0-60 and owning a street cred car.

At 47 all i want is an economical car.

Back
Top Bottom