eDead/ Dynamat

Associate
Hi all... i've just swapped my Lian-Li PC-7 for a PC-V600 in the hopes of getting rid of the side panel resonation :rolleyes: Although the V600 is no where near as bad you do get the occasional hum :( I just lined my car in Dynamat but was thinking about lining my case side panels in the stuff (or eDead cus its a hell of a lot cheaper). Anyone done this?

Aelred89

Associate
OP
UPDATE: The eDead arrived this morning and its bloody fantastic! I used akasa paxmate in my other case and well... what a waste of time :mad: But this... this is in a completely different league. It gets rid of all vibrations and noises, if anyone suffers from the infamous "case hum" get some of this.

Associate
OP
Well it hasn't blown up yet lmao but to be fair... what does it matter if conducts electricity? Is being stuck on a metal case which also conducts :D Feel free to correct me if i'm being a n00b lol

Speed fan temps after being on for around 10 hours:

Temp1: 47
Temp2: 30
Temp3: -2 (never got this one lol)
HD0: 38
HD1: 36
Core0: 36
Core1: 35

Hope this helps :)

Associate
we could have done with a before and after type thing. to see if there was any difference in temps. iam glad that stuff has worked tho, it hard to put on?

Soldato
Nice one Aelred89. What does it look like this stuff?, i might have to look into it for my next build. Ive used Paxmat on my eclipse and it worked a treat, got rid of any vibrations and also looks good IMO.

Also i don't know why people think it'll raise temps, if you've got hot air lingering inside your case long enough to have to rely on it being dissipated through the case walls then you've got a problem anyway. In my eclipse the cold air comes in, blows over my components and is then exhausted through the rear fan and psu and my gfx card NV silencer. I took before and after readings just in case and it didn't even move at all.

Associate
OP
Hi all, i've finally finished fitting it on both side panel and the top and bottom of the case. Haven't heard a single vibration since i put it in :D Here's a pic of one of the side panels with the remaining eDead on top :)

edeadwn7.jpg

I got this off a popular auction site for £25 for 10 square feet and i still have more than half left so you could easily do 2 cases with it i think :cool:

Back
Top Bottom